New Computer

wshark

Just got a new laptop. Anyway I started off by updating windows 8.1 until their was no more updates then decided to install my eset antivirus software. Download went fine no errors but a minute after instilation was complete my computer started to freeze up? Im guessing its the start up scan? I dont really now but about 10 min later the scan isnt running over the icon in notifications but my computer still seems to running slowly ( files not opening right away )

is there a solution to this problem?

Hello,

Sure there is.

Download ESET Uninstaller.

Reboot into safe mode. (Let us know if you need help performing this on windows 8.1)

Run the uninstaller, this will not only detect ESET drivers, but other manufacturer drivers as well.

Most laptops come with pre-installed security drivers that will cause huge problems when getting setup with ESET due to how tightly it integrates with the OS.

There is no known issue with windows 8.1 and ESET causing computer slowness. So we need to carefully inspect your laptop and what is installed.

While you are in safemode, it wouldnt be a bad idea to also remove ESET with the uninstaller while you are in there.

Here is a KB article on the subject:  hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289

Reboot to normal and reinstall ESET again, ensuring there are no other conflicting softwares.

Make sure Windows defender or the integrated mse of windows is turned off completely in Control panel as well.

Post back your results.

If you still have issues after following these instructions.

Prepare to create logs using ESET Log collector here : hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3466

One of the moderators may wish to see these logs to help further. Or if you decide to contact customer care, they will also require those logs.

Regards,

Edited by Arakasi

New laptop... Do you check any pre-installed security software (ex: McAfee) and uninstall it before you install ESET antivirus software?