Scan and Remove PUAs - Policy

Hi i´m trying to get Potentially Unwanted/Unsafe Applications removed by the policy. The only KB article i found was kb5871 which is outdated. The only option i found in the Policies is to Set Reporting and Protection both to agressiv. Is there any way to remove them by policies without switching to agressive i.e. an seperated option?

Thanks in advance.

On 7/5/2021 at 5:34 PM, Marcos said:

PUAs and PUsAs are cleaned automatically, you don't have to set up a policy.

Sorry for the late answer, was absent for a few days. I Tested this with myself. If there is an potentially unwanted app i can decide (as an normal user) if i want to remove the PUA or keep it. Therefore we need an policy to automatically remove them.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, phil13 said:

Sorry for the late answer, was absent for a few days. I Tested this with myself. If there is an potentially unwanted app i can decide (as an normal user) if i want to remove the PUA or keep it. Therefore we need an policy to automatically remove them.

Enable the detection of potentially unwanted and unsafe applications (2 options)can be balanced or aggressive and then from Threatsense Parameters the Cleaning level should be set as Always remedy detection , so it will always pick and remove without asking anything.

• Administrators

As long as the machine is managed by ESET PROTECT, pot. unsafe and unwanted applications are cleaned automatically without setting up cleaning.