Eset Nod32 updates itself without me asking in Windows 10 64 bits

Hello, how are you all? I would like to expose this problem, for days the Nod 32 Antivirus has been updated to the latest version that is available, that should not have happened because I did not want to install that version, what I did was uninstall that last version reinstall the old version it was version 8 the same thing happened, the last version was reinstalled, I would like to ask what solution they give me because I do not want to have a current version because those versions are difficult for me to understand, I want to have the old version I find it easy to use, this happened to me in Windows 10 64-bit

• Administrators

V8 is  a very old legacy version. Not only you won't get support from ESET, the program could stop receiving module updates out of the blue without a prior notice. Also you would not be able to install it on Windows 11+. Last but not least, v8 cannot provide as good protection from malware as the latest version.

Updates to the latest version are automatic unless you disable them in the advanced setup which is, of course, not recommended.

• Most Valued Members
7 hours ago, waluigiguatemala said:

Hello, how are you all? I would like to expose this problem, for days the Nod 32 Antivirus has been updated to the latest version that is available, that should not have happened because I did not want to install that version, what I did was uninstall that last version reinstall the old version it was version 8 the same thing happened, the last version was reinstalled, I would like to ask what solution they give me because I do not want to have a current version because those versions are difficult for me to understand, I want to have the old version I find it easy to use, this happened to me in Windows 10 64-bit

As Marcos has mentioned using old versions is never recommended. Newer versions contain newer features, better technology, improvements and also fixes to bugs.

You mentioned that you struggle using the newer versions. I can't remember a lot of big changes but what are you struggling with as we could help which would be better than using an older less secure version. 

For example I'm not sure which version introduced the ransomware module but older versions don't have it so your protection against ransomware is limited 

• ESET Staff
On 7/5/2021 at 4:56 AM, waluigiguatemala said:

@waluigiguatemala Does your issue with newer versions lie within Advanced Setup?

Edited by JozefG

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2021 at 2:44 AM, Marcos said:

V8 is  a very old legacy version. Not only you won't get support from ESET, the program could stop receiving module updates out of the blue without a prior notice. Also you would not be able to install it on Windows 11+. Last but not least, v8 cannot provide as good protection from malware as the latest version.

Updates to the latest version are automatic unless you disable them in the advanced setup which is, of course, not recommended.

What did you say and show. we really have to always have the most up-to-date product, to have better protection.
But what I like most about ESET is that it gives you the option to disable it so it doesn't install the latest version, even if it's not recommended.

I am one of those who use the disabled option to not update to the latest version. more then i go and update to the latest. after it is stable.

I always update later because that way I know the product is stable.