is there a plan to release a free home av ?

mantra

Hi

i'm an old eset user , my favorite version was 2.7 , really love it and I keept to use eset on all my computers

well ,may I ask if eset will consider to release a free version with limited feature

i'm asking because all my friends are reluctant to install an eset product , and prefer other antivirus like kaspersky , avast , avira and so on

after many of them ,upgrade to a full version

I know Eset let test it for many days

but for many company release a free av was a big deal

thanks

Edited by mantra

I am assuming Eset has previously researched the use of a free version as a "lead in" to the eventual purchase of the paid version and decided it wouldn't result in a significant increase of paid versions.

Of note is Eset does offer extended time trial versions as promotions in select countries. Appears this concept has resulted in increased sale activities.

Edited by itman

The official people have clearly said that there will be no free version, I think the officials could do a little more to give away trial versions to broaden the customer base.

35 minutes ago, ReinaKirisame said:

think the officials could do a little more to give away trial versions to broaden the customer base.

Anyone anywhere; except EU embargo listed countries, can install Eset in trial version mode. You do have to register with Eset and by default, the trial version expires after 30 days.

Edited by itman

48 minutes ago, itman said:

Anyone anywhere; except EU embargo listed countries, can install Eset in trial version mode. You do have to register with Eset and by default, the trial version expires after 30 days.

Hello, Sir. thanks you for your reply. I think you're right, the one month trial period provided by the software is sufficient for use, but I personally think that there could be some official campaigns to give away longer licenses (e.g. 90 days, 180 days, etc.), just like BitDefender' s products, they often release campaigns to give away licenses. 

43 minutes ago, ReinaKirisame said:

I personally think that there could be some official campaigns to give away longer licenses (e.g. 90 days, 180 days, etc.), just like BitDefender' s products, they often release campaigns to give away licenses. 

As I posted previously, Eset does do that in select countries.

For example, Eset in the U.S. has a relationship with a major computer retailer, Microcenter. It has previously offered extended trial Eset licenses on computers purchased from this retailer.

Also note that Eset is a decentralized operation. That is each Eset concern in a country is a separate corporate entry and can set policies as it sees fit. The problem as I see it is that this doesn't apply to the PRC. Eset's support for mainland China is done from its Hong Kong subsidiary. As such, you might want to contact Eset - Hong Kong on this issue. Also of note is any Eset license purchase from PRC should be done from its Hong Kong subsidiary to be fully supported.

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, ReinaKirisame said:

Hello, Sir. thanks you for your reply. I think you're right, the one month trial period provided by the software is sufficient for use, but I personally think that there could be some official campaigns to give away longer licenses (e.g. 90 days, 180 days, etc.), just like BitDefender' s products, they often release campaigns to give away licenses. 

I should add I know of people who move from AV to AV. This may be due to test results which can vary from what tests are done, what malware is used and the methodology used. I wouldn't be surprised if people would move to another one after their trial ends.