Where is my 14.2.19 update?

I got an ESET pop-up on a forum post yesterday saying the update would be auto-released today?

By 4pm- no release, so I clicked on the taskbar menu Update bar- It showed modules downloaded, but nothing else?

I rebooted, but it's still 14.2.10?

BTW- I deleted an old file from PUA Quarantine (not installed), yesterday...

9 hours ago, scottls59901 said:

I got an ESET pop-up on a forum post yesterday saying the update would be auto-released today?

That doesn't sound right. Eset product update notifications are generated from within the product itself; not from anything that would be web generated. Eset posted a forum notice last Monday that ver. 14.2.19 had been released: https://forum.eset.com/topic/28959-eset-windows-home-products-version-14219-have-been-released/ .

Are you on pre-release updating? I have run into past instances where I could not download the latest ver. when on pre-release update channel. Each time this occured, Eset had forgotten to load the update to their pre-release channel servers.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, itman said:

Are you on pre-release updating? I have run into past instances where I could not download the latest ver. when on pre-release update channel. Each time this occured, Eset had forgotten to load the update to their pre-release channel servers.

That's weird. The thing is that a new program update is always put on the pre-release channel a couple of days before the release.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, scottls59901 said:

Please carry on as follows:
- under Help and support -> Details for customer care enable advanced logging
- run update
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

If you use the regular update channel, try switching to the pre-release update channel in the advanced setup.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, itman said:

I see but that was not the problem that we forgot to upload the update to the pre-release channel servers. The problem in the linked topic was like the one reported here, ie. that one of the machines didn't update to the latest version for some reason. Unfortunately that time we didn't get any logs for investigation so the root cause remained unknown. Hopefully we'll get logs this time and we'll be able to figure out the cause.

21 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I see but that was not the problem that we forgot to upload the update to the pre-release channel servers.

Err........ That is not what Peter R. confirmed in his posting: https://forum.eset.com/topic/25010-was-ver13216-loaded-on-pre-release-servers/?do=findComment&comment=118602 . Also this wasn't an isolated case for me; it happened previously.

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

- run update
- disable logging

If you use the regular update channel, try switching to the pre-release update channel in the advanced setup.

Here are the logs you requested- Admin/all (44mb!)-

eav_logs.zip

11 hours ago, Marcos said:

- run update
- disable logging

Am I doing something wrong?-

I switched to the pre-release update channel/ask.

It popped up, and asked me if I wanted to download the update...

I replied yes, and the window closed.

30 min later nothing happened?-

Am I supposed to open/install a file, or what? Where is it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first time I originally clicked on the Normal Check for Updates- 

The GUI opened, and said/showed the update module had downloaded/open to view files.-

Was I supposed to open the folder, or what?

• Administrators

The program update ended with an error. Since the error code has just been recently added, I must wait for developers to provide the meaning of it. Will keep you posted.

14 hours ago, itman said:

One thing you can try while waiting for feedback from @Marcos is to clear Eset's update cache as shown in this Eset KB article: https://support.eset.com/en/kb3189-resolve-modules-update-errors-in-eset-windows-home-products . The attempt a product update again.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I'm Confused!?-

This article escribes clearing the Basic update cache, but I've upgraded to pre-release?

BTW- This upgrade is making it Very Hard to do my Pre Windows Update (7/13) Windows System Cleanup!

10 hours ago, scottls59901 said:

This article escribes clearing the Basic update cache, but I've upgraded to pre-release?

Eset update cache has nothing to do with the source of the data being downloaded. Pre-release and regular update data are stored on different Eset servers; that's all there is to it. Regardless of Eset download source, the data downloaded is stored in the local device's Eset installation's update cache.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

Please compress the content of the C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Updfiles folder, upload it to a safe location and provide me with a download link.

• Administrators

We assume that you have changed the product after installation. Could you confirm? It turned out that In such case it's necessary to clear the update cache manually in order for a file with repository metadata to be re-downloaded. In the future we'll do it automatically when the user changes the product.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

had the same problem on two machines, one with Nod32 (pure) and one with Internet Security .

no version update from 14.2.10 to 14.2.19

I did the reommandation (Clear Cache , "Cache löschen") as mentioned in

[KB3189] Resolve modules update errors in ESET Windows home products

and cleared the cache. updates Came at once.

• Most Valued Members
22 hours ago, hrgajek said:

Hello,

had the same problem on two machines, one with Nod32 (pure) and one with Internet Security .

no version update from 14.2.10 to 14.2.19

I did the reommandation (Clear Cache , "Cache löschen") as mentioned in

[KB3189] Resolve modules update errors in ESET Windows home products

and cleared the cache. updates Came at once.

I'm curious what do you mean by pure?

17 hours ago, peteyt said:

I'm curious what do you mean by pure?

I would assume he meant NOD32AV (without firewall).-

After going to pre-release(failed)/disk System cleanup, it triggered an out-of-cycle Win Updt?

Then 2-days later a NOD32 updt, then another normal cycle Win Updt.

I then  ran clear cache, and back to Regular Updt>

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, scottls59901 said:

I would assume he meant NOD32AV (without firewall).-

After going to pre-release(failed)/disk System cleanup, it triggered an out-of-cycle Win Updt?

Then 2-days later a NOD32 updt, then another normal cycle Win Updt.

I then  ran clear cache, and back to Regular Updt>

Possibly but I never heard it called that and Googling pure nod32 shows its also the name of a cracked version although I'm reluctant to mention this as I didn't want anyone to think I was accusing anyone (as I'm not) of using a pirated version

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all together.

The "pure" Nod32 Version is paid license of Eset NOD32 Antivirus for 5 users/PCs/smartphones  

With "pure" i mean the nod32 AV Version without Firewall or additional tools, which can give more security but also more administrative stress, if you have a home network under win10 and want to print from another computer. I'm no network crack at all.

Hoping this will clear the situation. I am paying eset customer since Version 4.x btw.:-)

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, hrgajek said:

Hello all together.

The "pure" Nod32 Version is paid license of Eset NOD32 Antivirus for 5 users/PCs/smartphones  

With "pure" i mean the nod32 AV Version without Firewall or additional tools, which can give more security but also more administrative stress, if you have a home network under win10 and want to print from another computer. I'm no network crack at all.

Hoping this will clear the situation. I am paying eset customer since Version 4.x btw.:-)

Ha I presumed you where a paying customer and hope you took no offense just had never heard it called pure.