Eset Endpoint v8.1 LiveGrid connection problem

• Administrators
8 hours ago, vanroy said:

Cloud Communication module 1122 is only for EES 8.1 or all Business solutions for windows? 

It's for all ESET products for Windows. They all use the same modules.

Just popping in to say that this has been affecting my clients for a while as well.  Seems completely random, i'll have a PC or two pop up in the Protect console showing that LiveGrid is not accessible.  Always clears up with a reboot.  No idea what's causing it and it hasn't really been a big enough issue for me to compose a new thread about it.  But it's been going on for months.  Outbound tcp/udp 53535 is open.  Identical 8th gen Intel/Win10 PC's across the board.  Users spread across 5 physical locations in three states.

I'll try to grab some data next time it occurs.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Cousin Vinny said:

I'll try to grab some data next time it occurs.

Please enable advanced antispam logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics and wait until the error occurs. Then disable logging, collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive. Also let us know if the machines connect via VPN and if they are connected to the Internet both via wi-fi and wire.

9 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please enable advanced antispam logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics and wait until the error occurs. Then disable logging, collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive. Also let us know if the machines connect via VPN and if they are connected to the Internet both via wi-fi and wire.

Sure no prob.

Remote machines do connect over VPN and there are a number of local machines in the same building as me that exhibit the behavior as well (this is not a local vpn to the device, the offices are hub/spoke).  These machines are all hardwired and currently running Win10 v10.0.19042.1288.  I saw it happen to two machines earlier today so the environment is still susceptible to the issue.

Didn't have a chance to turn on logging yet but I have a machine unable to connect to LiveGrid today.  This machine in particular has been powered on for the past four days.  Event was triggered upon user logon this AM.

Here's the Windows event log just prior to the warning being reported:

2021 Oct 22 07:15:10
The ESET LiveGrid® servers cannot be reached

Information    10/22/2021 7:15:07 AM    Kernel-General    16    None
The access history in hive \??\C:\Users\-------\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat was cleared updating 2998 keys and creating 455 modified pages.

Information    10/22/2021 7:15:07 AM    Kernel-General    16    None
The access history in hive \??\C:\Users\-------\ntuser.dat was cleared updating 2588 keys and creating 342 modified pages.

Information    10/22/2021 7:15:07 AM    Winlogon    7001    (1101)
User Logon Notification for Customer Experience Improvement Program

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 5:39 AM, tbsky said:

so you mean if you block Eset client to Eset servers (except port 53535), then it will work fine?  that's interesting.

No , exactly the opposite

eventhough on my FW I didn't get any notification that traffic was blocked, I opened specific access to ESET servers on port 53535 only, and everything was back to normal ! 

:)

the strange thing I wanted to share is that I got NO indication that traffic was blocked ... 

BUT after opening the ports/url that ESET recommended, all was back to normal ! 

Hope it helped, 
Panagiotis