Eset Endpoint v8.1 LiveGrid connection problem

7 hours ago, Stormin Ben said:

Attached screenshots show the two firewalls currently in use -as you ca nsee neither would have ben blocking 53535 traffic (the specific rule on the Vigor was a later addition)

I believe the issue might be your NetBIOS block rule.

Ekrn.exe filters traffic through UDP port 138 locally. Just what the hell it is doing is beyond me and have never been able to fully figure it out. However, I also believe DNS UDP port 53 is involved which would imply this activity is related to TLS/SSL protocol filtering.

@Marcos, can you confirm the above?

Edited by itman

There is another topic with the same issue

We're experiencing the same issues since upgrade to 8.1. It's random as far as the users; some are remote users in another office or working from home, and some are here at our main office. Sometimes they resolve the issue on their own after a short period, some after a few days, but I have a couple of others that are still showing errors after about a week.

Edited by LesRMed

On 7/19/2021 at 2:20 PM, itman said:

I believe the issue might be your NetBIOS block rule.

Ekrn.exe filters traffic through UDP port 138 locally. Just what the hell it is doing is beyond me and have never been able to fully figure it out. However, I also believe DNS UDP port 53 is involved which would imply this activity is related to TLS/SSL protocol filtering.

@Marcos, can you confirm the above?

The DNS rule only applies to external queries

ESET needs port 53 to local DNS server enabling as I understand it

• Administrators

The only problem we are aware of is that the program may not be able to connect to LiveGrid servers in case the machine roams between networks with a direct Internet connection and networks with connection through a proxy server. This was addressed in the latest LiveGrid communication module 1111.2 which has been on the pre-release update channel since yesterday.

• Administrators

The pre-release update channel is not a beta channel. I'll ask colleagues responsible for translation to check it out and amend incorrect translations.

Basically you wrote the same what I explained in my post above.

Hi, just to clarify then for my situation - no proxy and unfiltered internet access - has this issue been recognised and we're just waiting for an update?

Thanks,

• Administrators

Does the issue persist with the LiveGrid communication module 1111.2 which you have probably already received?

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, mrlsmithiii said:

I am no longer getting notifications but the problem persist.

First of all, I would recommend posting in the appropriate forum for retail products since this forum is intended for Endpoint which works differently in certain aspects than the retail products.

If you get the notification shortly after a reboot, continue as follows:
- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
- reboot the machine
- avoid running applications that generate network traffic
- wait until the notification appears
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

First of all, I would recommend posting in the appropriate forum for retail products since this forum is intended for Endpoint which works differently in certain aspects than the retail products.

If you get the notification shortly after a reboot, continue as follows:
- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
- reboot the machine
- avoid running applications that generate network traffic
- wait until the notification appears
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.

Sorry I did not realize I was in the wrong forum. I am new to the ESET forums and started by searching for the problem I was having. I found this thread and contributed. I do see now that this forum is for IT professionals who support business users. 

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, mrlsmithiii said:

I do see now that this forum is for IT professionals who support business users. 

No problem :) We have separate subforums dedicated to particular products rather than subforums for IT professionals and novices. While all products are alike, there are differences also in internal behavior and therefore it's a good practice to post in the appropriate product subforum.