General compiler error

Hi, so i keep getting the general compiler error since i reinstalled my computer and bought a new smart security license key for it.

I cleared the update cache and restarted the computer but i keep getting it.

Is there anything i can do ?

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
- run update
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

I think that should be it :

I couldn't upload it directly though so here is a link to the archive in my google drive.

• Administrators

You have ESET Smart Security 10.1.245.1 installed. Please uninstall it (you can also run the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode to make sure it was removed completely), then download the Live installer from ESET's download page and run it. It should install ESSP 14.2.19.

Thanks, is there any way to be sure my activation key will still be usable after that ? And not considered lock on the other installation

17 hours ago, Propsit said:

Thanks, is there any way to be sure my activation key will still be usable after that ? And not considered lock on the other installation

Eset Smart Security ver. 10 was renamed to Eset Internet Security in ver. 11 and thereafter.

You can either download the current version of Eset Internet Security, or download  Smart Security Premium since it appears you have a current license for it. Then use your existing Smart Security version 10 license key to activate it.

As far as I am aware of Eset license keys are not version specific as long as the license is still valid; i.e. not expired.

Edited by itman

• Administrators
12 hours ago, itman said:

So you have to download the current version of Eset Internet Security and use your existing Smart Security version 10 license key to activate it.

According to the logs the OP has an ESSP license so I'd amend this recommendation to:
So you have to download the current version of ESET Smart Security Premium and use your existing Smart Security version 10 license key to activate it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 10:47 AM, Marcos said:

According to the logs the OP has an ESSP license so I'd amend this recommendation to:
So you have to download the current version of ESET Smart Security Premium and use your existing Smart Security version 10 license key to activate it.

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay on my part, life is kind of a mess theses days..
I did install smart security premium, gave it the activation key, and hurra it's installed, saying the license expires in 2022, all cool there, but when i try to update it says error during update, please check your license.
I don't really know what do to do here 😕

Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.17 - 00.47.24.62.png

Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.17 - 00.47.36.94.png

• Administrators

- run update
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated chchive here.

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

- run update
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated chchive here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s04yw_MeEyObXtbq6zlb5Jd0piNzkrnq/view?usp=sharing

There you go !

• Administrators

The said license was issued in Germany and was canceled. It was registered to giXXXXXXX4@mXXXid.com.

If you have purchased the license from an authorized partner or reseller, please contact them for a resolution.