Install Uninstall

Hi,

I have tried ESET and would like to disengage… impossible to put the app in the trash. for it is said to be already open and could not find the Uninstall progr. How do you do with this very elusive thing?

Edited by Bartabas

Elusive lol. Most security products these days have self defense mechanisms, because manual removal of entries are similar to malware engaging.

To manually uninstall ESET, boot to safe mode and run this tool : ESET Uninstaller

source: How do i manually uninstall my ESET product.

• Most Valued Members

Just in case you're using Cyber Security (inc. Pro) for Mac OS X, here are the instructions on uninstalling it.

If you are still having trouble or can't find the app, download and Cyber Security (or Cyber Security Pro, depending on what you have installed) from ESET's website, and run the Uninstaller from there. Restart your Mac and it should be all done. :)

Hey, before doing something we of course need to know which ESET software you use. (Then maybe a moderator can also move it in the right forum.)

You are talking of an "app" so maybe you also mean ESET Mobile Security.*

If you want to uninstall this, follow the instructions in this kb article.

* Before somebody says that this couldn't be, because you have no trash on Android... Yeah - just take it for completeness.

Edited by rugk

I see where planet gets off to think of cyber security because the OP stated "trash". osx has a trashbin you put things in, windows does not. :)

I didnt notice that the first time around.

Edited by Arakasi

Of course windows has a trashbin - ok it's namend "Recycle bin" and not "Trash bin".

But of course you can't (or better: you shouldn't) put programs into it, but use the uninstaller.

post-3952-0-53425500-1405926110.png

By the way: What means OP?

Edited by rugk

Original Poster

quote for trash:

impossible to put the app in the trash.

In OSX, you drag applications and files to the trash bin. :)

Original Poster

quote for trash:

impossible to put the app in the trash.

In OSX, you drag applications and files to the trash bin. :)

OK then I understand.

:huh:

:huh:

OP = Original Poster.

TS = Thread Starter.

"I don't know what the OP means exactly..."

"Yes but the TS said it worked fine when...."

:)

Thanks Swex.

@Arakasi: I overlooked your answer... Sorry.

Edited by rugk

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

My name is Wendy and I tried your free trial of ESET. I downloaded and am very happy with it.

I've recently purchased ESET for 3 computers from Amazon. I haven't gotten it yet.

My question was going to be how to uninstall this free application before getting my purchased one.

I saw that someone asked this and I tried to use your uninstall and it wouldn't let me. Something about it ot being part of "32" on my computer. I have NO idea what this means.

Does it sound familiar to you?

Thanks!

The uninstaller is only working for Windows. So it can't be used for Cyber Security for Mac.

Follow these instructions to uninstall ECS if it don't worked in the normal way: How do I manually uninstall ESET Cyber Security or ESET Cyber Security Pro?

I've recently purchased ESET for 3 computers from Amazon. I haven't gotten it yet.

And about this I think this might be a problem with Amazon.

But it would be good if you could provide more information about this. At first e.g. whether you bought the download version or the version delivered by post.

Edited by rugk

Hey!

My name is Wendy and I tried your free trial of ESET. I downloaded and am very happy with it.

My question was going to be how to uninstall this free application before getting my purchased one.

I saw that someone asked this and I tried to use your uninstall and it wouldn't let me. Something about it ot being part of "32" on my computer. I have NO idea what this means.

Does it sound familiar to you?

Thanks!

Try checking the spam or junk folder in your mail.

Not sure, but couldn't you just put in your license (when you get it) into the as you put it "free trial" by simply replacing the trial license with your new license. Or maybe that doesn't work? I figure the "trial" is the fully functional program only that the license is for 30-days, so wouldn't it be possible to just replace the license in the program and no need to uninstall  :unsure: