Google Chrome Attempting to Access Webcam Notification

Hi everyone,

I think with the recent update I am receiving notifications whenever I log onto specific sites that Google Chrome is attempting to access my webcam. I'm not sure how this is possible, since I disabled the webcam access completely in the Chrome settings. What is causing Chrome attempting to access my webcam?

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This was also reported here:

https://forum.eset.com/topic/28960-web-cam-access/

The issue is currently being investigated.

Thank you, Marcos! Could you please tell me where I would see an update on this specific issue? Would it be posted in the topic that you linked?

I have the same problem. I noted that the problem started in June 16th. Unfortunately, I opened a spam mail the same day, so I thought that my pc got infected. Could someone please tell me when was the update launched? I am also receiving notifications every time I just open other apps like Microsoft Teams or Skype, even if I do not join to any call or meeting.

• 4 weeks later...

I also have the same problem. So, which is the correct answer? Allow or Block? Remember for this application or Ask every time?

• Administrators

If you don't plan to use the camera at the moment, choose Block. These notifications will be addresses in the upcoming service build 14.2.x.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:24 PM, Marcos said:

If you don't plan to use the camera at the moment, choose Block. These notifications will be addresses in the upcoming service build 14.2.x.

After ESET updated today to 14.2.19.0, I have been getting these messages much more frequently, several times an hour.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, dhtdht020 said:

After ESET updated today to 14.2.19.0, I have been getting these messages much more frequently, several times an hour.

Please check if installing the latest version 14.2.23 (not yet released) makes a difference. You can download it from https://forum.eset.com/files/file/30-eset-security-14223/