Doubts about last Upgrade of the Management Agent (8.1.1223.0 or 8.1.13.0?)

Hello,

I manage the computers of my company via ESET Protect Cloud and I saw at Friday that both products that we use (ESET Endpoint Security & ESET Management Agent) were updated to 8.1.2031.0 and 8.1.1223.0, but I see in the fixed post that "ESET PROTECT 8.1.13.0 has been released". Is it related to the ESET Management Agent version? Or is 8.1.1223.0 the last version of the Agent?

Once I've all clear, I'll planify a scheduled task and I'll update the Security & Agent products in all of the computers.

Thank you!

• ESET Staff

Also note, that in case of ESET PROTECT Cloud, generally latest available ESET Management Agent should be communicated and installed as latest version. Unfortunately we are not communicating it explicitly, as is done with releases of on-premise ESET PROTECT, which we might improve in the feature so that it is clear also for users of cloud-based console.

On 6/28/2021 at 7:57 PM, MartinK said:

Also note, that in case of ESET PROTECT Cloud, generally latest available ESET Management Agent should be communicated and installed as latest version. Unfortunately we are not communicating it explicitly, as is done with releases of on-premise ESET PROTECT, which we might improve in the feature so that it is clear also for users of cloud-based console.

Hello, sorry for n00b question, but is the upgrade task automatic for Eset Cloud customers? We've approx 1200 agents, all of them still have 8.0.1238.0 version, should I issue the upgrade command or just wait for next days?
Thanks!

• ESET Staff
On 7/5/2021 at 6:28 PM, OP System said:

Hello, sorry for n00b question, but is the upgrade task automatic for Eset Cloud customers? We've approx 1200 agents, all of them still have 8.0.1238.0 version, should I issue the upgrade command or just wait for next days?
Thanks!

Automatic upgrades do have grace period (2 weeks currently) and upgrades are distributed randomly during few weeks period, so It will take some time, but first upgrades should begin shortly (tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since release).
Those periods are there for users that with to upgrade on their own and to reduce impact on network...

Thanks for the info MartiniK!

On 7/7/2021 at 7:55 AM, MartinK said:

Automatic upgrades do have grace period (2 weeks currently) and upgrades are distributed randomly during few weeks period, so It will take some time, but first upgrades should begin shortly (tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since release).
Those periods are there for users that with to upgrade on their own and to reduce impact on network...