Error updating ESET Management Agent to 8.1.1223.0

Go to solution Solved by MietekN,

Hi. After upgrading Eset Protect to version 8.1.2209.0, also i did notification to update ESET Management Agent to version 8.1.1223.0.

And i create task for 61 pc on Eset Protect but i have one failed task on Windows Server 2008. When i try to install manually i got error which u can see in attachment.

Need to mention that im using Administrator account when i tried to install agent manually. And i tried with uninstalling agent from that server and installing from scratch and same error.

1.jpg

Edited by Dusan

At the end, i manually installed ESET Management Agent 8.0.1238.0 (previous version) without problem.

Maybe new agent doesn't support Windows Server 2008 or is it something else?

Edited by Dusan

17 hours ago, Marcos said:

Is it Windows Server 2008 SP2 which is the minimum requirement?

https://help.eset.com/protect_install/81/en-US/windows.html

Please provide ESET Log Collector from the server for a start.

Yes, version is Windows Server 2008 SP2.

Logs are in attachment.

14 hours ago, MietekN said:

So im not only one with this problem.

efsw_logs.zip

I was able to work around the installation problem by replacing the ERAAgent.exe file from version 8.0 during the installation. So far, I haven't found any problems after installation.

At the end i uninstalled Agent, tried to install just new Agent 8.1.1223.0. Same error.

After that i installed previous version 8.0.1238.0 without problem. So i still cant update Agent on that server.

• Solution

Run the installation of Agent 8.1.1223.0. When it displays an installation error, replace the ERAAgent.exe file from version 8.0 . Press retry.

• 1 month later...