Jump to content

LiveGrid servers cannot be reached


Recommended Posts

After the most recent ESET Internet Security update, I started receiving a popup and warning stating "The ESET LiveGrid servers cannot be reached.   This could be due to an outage or a problem with your network connection.  Allow access to ESET LiveGrid servers on firewall."   I did the test at this help page, ESET detected the file.    After a period of time, the LiveGrid message would go away.  Eventually it comes back.    This happen earlier this year after update but resolved itself.

Is this a known issue with this update?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

If it is only happening intermittently then i would suspect that the problem may well be with your ISP connecting to the ESET servers , a routing problem that is outwith their/your control and generally gets resolved within a reasonable time. If there are any major issues with updates then there tends to be lots of posts with the same issue.

Using TRACERT within windows might show where the problem is stemming from.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 11:20 PM, cyberhash said:

If it is only happening intermittently then i would suspect that the problem may well be with your ISP connecting to the ESET servers , a routing problem that is outwith their/your control and generally gets resolved within a reasonable time. If there are any major issues with updates then there tends to be lots of posts with the same issue.

Using TRACERT within windows might show where the problem is stemming from.

 

We pushed out the 8.1 update to 200+ machines across 15 different customer sites
All sites are experiencing the same intermittent pop up which then resolves itself

I think it highly likely that all 9 different ISPs are all experiencing similar issues and that is all their fault.
The comon factor here is ESET
I'm wondering whether one of the LiveGrid servers is offline and it is this that is causing the pop up?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stormin Ben said:

We pushed out the 8.1 update to 200+ machines across 15 different customer sites
All sites are experiencing the same intermittent pop up which then resolves itself

I think it highly likely that all 9 different ISPs are all experiencing similar issues and that is all their fault.
The comon factor here is ESET
I'm wondering whether one of the LiveGrid servers is offline and it is this that is causing the pop up?

 

We're also getting this intermittent message on a few client machines, and only since the 8.1 update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just ran a tracert to all of the LiveGrid servers mentioned above (see attached file)

Does anyone know what the timeout for connection is within the ESET client?
Most of the servers are 15 hops with 45ms per hop but the later ones are 20 hops all with 150ms times

ESETtrace1.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

Check if you can make connections to these ports and IPs , see if your firewall is blocking connections to these

 

image.thumb.png.d65ff0412d830d5a0577417603ef3b32.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

This is more active topic about it , but I believe you have been already there :

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same issue, some computers. All my users are remote so I doubt it's all of their ISPs. I did test a couple of computers by making sure ports listed above were open and I ran a flushdns command. No change all morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

If switching to the pre-release update channel doesn't make any difference, carry out as follows:

- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
- reboot the machine
- quit any network-aware applications that may generate network communication
- wait until a warning about limited LG connectivity pops up
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector. When done, upload the generated archive to a safe location and drop me a personal message with a download link.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
12 minutes ago, Retiredbodyman said:

Same issue, some computers. All my users are remote so I doubt it's all of their ISPs. I did test a couple of computers by making sure ports listed above were open and I ran a flushdns command. No change all morning.

Do these users have ESET Endpoint or a retail product EAV/EIS/ESSP installed? Do they always connect directly to the Internet or also though a proxy sometimes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

eSet Endpoint no proxy. It's not always the same computers, some users do connect to VPN at times. It does not seem to matter whether on VPN or direct Internet. I'll see if I can capture logs on one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
8 minutes ago, Pawel Dacka said:

We have tha same problem after update to 8.1

Eset Endpoint.

Direct connection to the Internet.

Please provide logs from a machine where the error is reported as per the instructions in my post above.

However, you have posted in a wrong forum; this one is intended for retail products ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium. A topic for Endpoint where this issue is discussed is at https://forum.eset.com/topic/28979-eset-endpoint-v81-livegrid-connection-problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...