Server 2019 Datacentre

Hi All - I have an Azure Server 2019 data centre edition which is only being used to run a Unifi wifi controller (no file shares etc).

I tried installing ESET complete and it failed, and after adding ESET File server security via the MSP portal I cant seem to create an installer for it.

Can anybody suggest which version of ESET i should be using to protect this 2019 server?  I notice Data centre edition is not in the supported 2019 versions for file server security also.

• Administrators

I presume that ESET Server Security should work with Windows Server 2019 DC edition. I'd recommend opening a support ticket with your local ESET distributor to troubleshoot the install issue.

I wanted to update FileSecurity 7.3 to Server Security 8.0 today and it also said OS is not compatible. Also Windows Server 2019 Datacenter.

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

our QA tried to reproduce it on 2019 datacenter + RDS with 7.3.12006.0 and 8.0.12003.0, but both completed successfully.

Please collect the installation log from the failed attempt and output from ESET Log Collector for us to check.

Also please let us know how you installed the RDS and if you use any specific configuration.

Thank you, Peter

• ESET Insiders

I have the same issue with a Server 2019 Standard.

It does however only happen when using a newly created AIO installer for Eset File Security.

When using the MSI file from your website it works, and then i can use the Live Agent installer for the agent. This does however require quite big changes to our deployment solution, so a solution will be required.

server2019.PNG

• ESET Moderators

Hello @rekun,

thank you for the update.

Can you please provide us with the logs and info requested so we can have it checked? 

Please collect the 1. installation log from the failed attempt and 2. output from ESET Log Collector for us to check.

Also please let us know 3. how you installed the RDS and 4. if you use any specific configuration.

5. Which version of ESET PROTECT / ESMC / ERA and deployment (On-prem or Cloud)do you use to create the AIO installer?

Thank you, Peter

Edited by Peter Randziak
requested info on EP/ESMC/ERA used

• ESET Insiders

I will try to gather the logs tomorrow, but question 3,4 and 5 is answered below:

The RDS roles is simply installed from server manager.

The server is almost empty except for Eset.

Using Eset Protect 8.1 onprem

EEI agent is NOT included in the AIO installer

• ESET Insiders

Hi @Peter Randziak

I have sendt you a private message with the log files. It from a different server, but the issue is the same.

I have not included the install logfiles, as i dont know how to collect them? (ie not being an MSI file).

I have included the installer though.

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

to keep you posted, this issue has been confirmed as a bug on our side so it will have to be fixed in future releases…

Peter

P_EFSW-1752 / P_EFSW-1755

• ESET Moderators

the installer considers the OS as a client one, not a server one.

I saw a report saying that the installation works without the RDS so if possible, you can install the ESET Server Security before the RDS...

or as you said it works with the .msi (I some reports I was, it didn't help)

Peter

• Administrators

The problem is only with EPI, installing the msi works just fine (at least it's not affected by this issue).