eset blocking access to Asus router admin page

i kept getting err_socket_not_connected error or the page looks not loaded. 

the moment i disabled web access protection the issue is resolved. i have tried to leave the page as allowed URL but does not seems to work 

please help 

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 2.28.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 2.27.13 PM.png

• 1 month later...

Does it work if you have web protection on but turn off HTTP protocol checking? (I have a ticket for none pro (Cyber Security) have sent them Wireshark logs they have asked for, this might be the same bug).  I do notice that the first 2 octets of the IPv4 address are the same as what I see when it is blocked different network device brand).

@Marcos  Might be the same issue I have with CASE_00190599 (for Cyber Security), an older version it was not blocking the IP.  I have sent the logs they asked for and a 2nd round of logs and it has been 2 weeks.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Chas4 said:

@Marcos  Might be the same issue I have with CASE_00190599 (for Cyber Security), an older version it was not blocking the IP.  I have sent the logs they asked for and a 2nd round of logs and it has been 2 weeks.

This case is being intensively worked on and there's an active communication between the developers and support.

The best would be if we could reproduce the issue in house, ie. if we could get hold of a router or modem that is affected by the issue.

Is anybody else able to reproduce it with ASUS GT-AX11000? Or ideally with a cheaper router that we could purchase for the purpose of issue replication.

@MarcosSent you a message with the one I know that is blocked (it is a modem that does not have built in WiFi and only has 1 ethernet port so it would be less expensive)

• 2 months later...

ESET support seems to have refused to read the logs and screenshots they requested I sent them (some multiple times), I still need the other forum post reopened, even tho this seems be a bug that affects Pro and non pro the same.  It is so bad they closed the case (4th failed case from ESET).  This bug dates back to 2 or 3 versions of ESET on macOS around February of this year or earlier.

• ESET Insiders
On 7/21/2021 at 2:58 AM, Marcos said:Is anybody else able to reproduce it with ASUS GT-AX11000? Or ideally with a cheaper router that we could purchase for the purpose of issue replication.

A company making roughly $500 million a year can’t afford a router to assist a customer? 

336B679B-EC81-4E0C-B47D-51804190214F.png

On 7/21/2021 at 8:58 AM, Marcos said:

This case is being intensively worked on and there's an active communication between the developers and support.

The best would be if we could reproduce the issue in house, ie. if we could get hold of a router or modem that is affected by the issue.

Is anybody else able to reproduce it with ASUS GT-AX11000? Or ideally with a cheaper router that we could purchase for the purpose of issue replication.

Probably even RT AX-55 will be enough. Even with EIS access is not working.

• 1 month later...

Not fixed after Cyber Security 6.11.2.0 (would have posted in my own but I am not allowed to post for the one I started), this bug was introduced around 1/10/2021