ESET Terms of Service Phishing Attempt!?

I received a Terms of Service Update notice On my Outlook.com email on ^/9/21-

Outlook.com is NOT my ESET account email address, so I didn't open it/ Reported it as Phishing, and permanently deleted it! Thought you might be interested, or...?

1225193303_ESETtermsPhishing.thumb.jpg.61127545d9833c447037ab3352f05e66.jpg

• Most Valued Members

actually there was an email about the ToS.  perhaps the part that could confuse users is the info@enjoy.eset.com domain in the email.
just a quick note, not everything that goes to Junk folder is always spam.
for example, i get newsletters of a coffee company that advertise their new products, although it's safe and just informational from a real company, it always ends up in the spam folder.
Capture.PNG.5bde231284ecbee055ec2bbde95e9140.PNG

17 hours ago, shocked said:

actually there was an email about the ToS.  perhaps the part that could confuse users is the info@enjoy.eset.com domain in the email.
just a quick note, not everything that goes to Junk folder is always spam.
for example, i get newsletters of a coffee company that advertise their new products, although it's safe and just informational from a real company, it always ends up in the spam folder.
Capture.PNG.5bde231284ecbee055ec2bbde95e9140.PNG

1. Repeat!- Outlook.com is NOT my ESET account email address, and I have never used it to contact ESET! I feel that someone... harvested... that email address!?

2. BTW- It went to my inbox, where I marked it as Spam/Phishing/Deleted.

• Most Valued Members

maybe you used for some trial version in the past? in any case i doubt someone has harvested or guessed the email and sent you that message.
even if they did they would try to scam you, not sent you info about updated ToS

• Most Valued Members

I did receive a similar email a few weeks back. Could it be something Eset related was registered in the past with that email. Could be a newsletter, forum or myeset etc.