Jump to content

Login Failed at ESET PROTECT Web Console


Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Recommended Posts

Greetings, I have just set up and configured my ESET PROTECT server using the virtual appliance I downloaded. However, when I tried logging on to the web console, I keep getting the error 'Login failed' (with no further details that follow such as invalid username or password, communication error etc). I'm absolutely certain my password was entered correctly, and have redeployed the appliance three times and have consistent results across all. I feel like I might have missed some kind of configuration. There are no firewall between the machines and they're all sitting in an isolated VLAN. I can logon to the appliance management console fine with the same password (i.e. changed from eraadmin). Can somebody help me please :))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you made sure that all services are started? Eset protect, SQL instance, Apache? Did you go into Apache and mapped the location for the Java or Coretto, etc? If all of the above are true, restart these - I go in the order of SQL, ESET, Apache.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

Could you please check EP trace.log for more details? In case EP service is not running, there should be different failure error, indicating connection problems. EP's trace log is located in:

/var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/trace.log

accessible via SSH or possibly using Webmin interface, both of which has to be explicitly enabled.


Also in case domain login is used, please double check machine is correctly joined into domain and connection to domain controller is available.
As you mentioned 3 different deployment attempts, any chance you tested multiple different passwords? Just to be sure there is no problem with some special characters in password...
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2021 at 9:20 AM, Michelle911 said:

Have you made sure that all services are started? Eset protect, SQL instance, Apache? Did you go into Apache and mapped the location for the Java or Coretto, etc? If all of the above are true, restart these - I go in the order of SQL, ESET, Apache.

Hi Michelle, thank you for your ideas - yes all of SQL, ESET Apache are up and running and restarting them didn't quite help :-/ That's the main reason I'm puzzled; I would've thought using the virtual appliance means pretty much everything set up already, but looks like there's a lot more to it!

 

 

On 6/18/2021 at 4:51 AM, MartinK said:

Could you please check EP trace.log for more details? In case EP service is not running, there should be different failure error, indicating connection problems. EP's trace log is located in:


/var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/trace.log

accessible via SSH or possibly using Webmin interface, both of which has to be explicitly enabled.


Also in case domain login is used, please double check machine is correctly joined into domain and connection to domain controller is available.
As you mentioned 3 different deployment attempts, any chance you tested multiple different passwords? Just to be sure there is no problem with some special characters in password...
 

Thank you Martin for stepping in too! I have checked my trace.log but interestingly I do not spot any error clauses in the log after my login failed.. I'm not using a domain and have tried different easy passwords for my 3 deployment attempts just in case by any chance I misremembered/mistyped, such as Password and 123456789, just for the purpose of testing..

Any further ideas..? 

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
  • Solution

This is indeed very suspicious - my lat idea is to test with different browser, or possibly without plugins in browsers, maybe there is some kind of incompatibility...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MartinK said:

This is indeed very suspicious - my lat idea is to test with different browser, or possibly without plugins in browsers, maybe there is some kind of incompatibility...

Chrome worked... :D Man i dont' know why this wasn't the first thing I tried! Thanks very much Martin, now I can go on to tackle the next hurdle!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
19 hours ago, dassy1234 said:

Chrome worked... :D Man i dont' know why this wasn't the first thing I tried! Thanks very much Martin, now I can go on to tackle the next hurdle!

Could you please provide more details of browser you used initially? Most commonly used browsers in latest versions should be definitely working properly...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MartinK said:

Could you please provide more details of browser you used initially? Most commonly used browsers in latest versions should be definitely working properly...

Of course :) - Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0, could be pretty outdated as I'm running the test from a completely virtual environment built from a Win10 template and Edge is the only browser installed on it..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...