Expired ESET SSL cert

I came across an issue today where it seems as if ESET blocked a user’s files from uploading to OneDrive using the known folder redirection feature.

I was using MS word on her desktop to create a file and it said, “upload blocked” and complained about a bad cert. When I checked the cert, it was an expired ESET SSL cert. To work around it I’ve temporarily disabled SSL protection on her endpoint but how can I resolve this? I’m using ESET protect

2021-06-14_16-00-23.jpg.f731258b35a39ae729d7948d7c4bbee3.jpg

2021-06-14_16-00-36.jpg

Edited by pstoric

• Administrators

This is unlikely an ESET issue. Please enable advanced network protocol filtering in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics, reproduce the issue, disable logging and finally collect logs with ESET Log Collector.

Going to be tough as I need to coordinate with the end user who's a few time zones away. Is there anything I can do from the Protect admin console?

• Administrators

Perhaps I could reproduce it myself if you provide me with the url.

The SSL certificate issued by ESET inherits the expiration date from the original certificate.

I don't have the exact URL as OneDrive known folder redirection uploads files to Microsoft automatically. It doesn't show a specific URL