Pull clients that update to an old server?

Guest Brian

Guest Brian

We have recently replaced an old server that happens to be the same server that had our ESET Remote Administrator installed onto it, I have tried looking but have not been able to find a solution that will not require us to manually update 60+ computers to rebuild our client list.

They are currently updating to a server that no longer exists and i want to know if it is possible to get these clients to update to the new server? most searches and links take me to the same information of creating a task from the old server which i cannot do. Any help will be appreciated with this, many thanks.

• Administrators

Perhaps the most elegant solution would be creating a CNAME record for the old server name on your DNS server and pointing it to the new server.

If you install ERAS on a new server, you can scan your network from the remote install section. Then push a new install/config to the computers. Wouldn't this work?

Install ERAS on Your Machine (or VM ) and configure on Your machine old server IP - wait for clients and than send new task which will have adress of new server - easiest and quickest :) better than walk from client 2 client :)