Accidentally deleted ESET from PC. Help needed!

hello ESET.

yesterday i tried to uninstall ESET but i had a password protection enabled on the settings so i continued to Delete ESET with IOBIT Uninstaller so? what happened was now ESEt is not on the Programs list of programs to uninstall with IOBIT uninstaller.  i accidentally shredded all files of the program after the uninstaller ran but the program is still on the taskbar working 100%.

do i have to format my pc or is there a way to fix this? on Windows 10.

Regards

Dean Abie Pepler.

Posted (edited)

on my windows Ten must i run command prompt as admin on normal boot or only in Safe Mode?

https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool

i am a little confused on how to do it sorry. 

Edited by deanpepler1991

boot into safe mode and when you're presented with the safe mode boot options list, select #4.

then just right click the downloaded uninstaller tool and select, "run as admin" from the context menu, follow the instructions and you're done! i suggest running the tool a couple times until it shows "no supported products found".

43 minutes ago, shocked said:

boot into safe mode and when you're presented with the safe mode boot options list, select #4.

then just right click the downloaded uninstaller tool and select, "run as admin" from the context menu, follow the instructions and you're done! i suggest running the tool a couple times until it shows "no supported products found".

i am trying to Download ESET internet security 14.2.10.0 x64 from the website and it's Xtremely!!! Slow. 😠😡

• Most Valued Members

Just curious what made you uninstall eset in the first place? Did you forget your setting password as I belive there is a way you could possibly recovered it

1 hour ago, peteyt said:

Just curious what made you uninstall eset in the first place? Did you forget your setting password as I belive there is a way you could possibly recovered it

ESET blocks DivX from downloading via The download tool that's why :)

• Most Valued Members
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, deanpepler1991 said:

ESET blocks DivX from downloading via The download tool that's why :)

Could be a potentially unwanted app but if you think something is safe you can add it into a exclusion. However this can be dangerous if it is indeed dangerous

Edited by peteyt