Why does my.ESET only assumes 1 license is used?

Itine

Recently, I bought 2 (two) NOD32AV licenses for 1 year and plan to use them for 2 computers 
Both were stationary desktop computer (not a laptop)
One for my school work and another one is for my home.

What I don't understand is:

When I enter the license (on both computers) why does my.ESET only assumes 1 license is used?
(I'm not complaining, but if I get caught later, I don't want you to think I'm cheating/overusing my license)

Now my main question is:

Can I use 1 unused license for 1 another computer? (using share my license)

Thank you for your attention, your reply help is appreciated

myESET.png

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Itine said:

Recently, I bought 2 (two) NOD32AV licenses for 1 year and plan to use them for 2 computers 
Both were stationary desktop computer (not a laptop)
One for my school work and another one is for my home.

What I don't understand is:

When I enter the license (on both computers) why does my.ESET only assumes 1 license is used?
(I'm not complaining, but if I get caught later, I don't want you to think I'm cheating/overusing my license)

Now my main question is:

Can I use 1 unused license for 1 another computer? (using share my license)

Thank you for your attention, your reply help is appreciated

myESET.png

Have you linked myeset to both devices?

Based on the posted my Eset screen shot, it appears you purchased one Eset NOD32 license for two PCs; not two 1 PC Eset licenses.

If you bought two 1 PC Eset licenses, the key for each license would be different.

On 6/12/2021 at 11:30 PM, itman said:

If you bought two 1 PC Eset licenses, the key for each license would be different.

Sorry for my ignorance, 
Yes, I mean I buy one license for two devices 

On 6/12/2021 at 9:59 PM, peteyt said:

Have you linked myeset to both devices?

Yes, I even used the same login account name for myESET, same Windows login (Microsoft Account) too, and both computers were online at the same time.

myESET2.png

I am wondering if the issue here is the same Microsoft account is being used for both devices. MyEset might be using that somehow internally to ID devices. You might have just figured out a way to bypass Eset's license validation processing.🤭

On 6/13/2021 at 1:55 PM, Itine said:

Sorry for my ignorance, 
Yes, I mean I buy one license for two devices 

Check and see if you have a mobile license.  I logged into my account recently, and discovered a free mobile device license good until 2030.  I'm guessing it's a promotional thing from Eset, but I had no idea until I looked.  My guess is that you have the same thing.