Windows update

Robin555

Windows did an update on the 9th June 2021. This created a lot of problems on my system including having to re activate ESET a number of times. I did a system restore to the 8th and now ESET does not do the daily update. I receive an error message:

Modules update failed

Product update failed

Question:

Please let me know how I can correct this?

Thank you

Robin 

Screenshot 2021-06-11 12.39.40.png

eav_logs.zip

• Administrators

Ekrn is not running for some reason. Please uninstall ESET, run the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode and then install the latest v14.1 from scratch.

The system event log is full of errors like "The Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error", the application log contains a lot of records like "CertFindCertificateInStore failed with: (-2146885628) Cannot find object or property." and "Failed to get driver message: (-2147024890) The handle is invalid."

These might indicate serious problems with the OS itself.

You have KMSPico Activator installed. We do not recommend using cracks, hack tools, etc. since malware is often included with them or malware itself is disguised as a crack.

• Most Valued Members

since Marcos mentions that you have Spico installed, i can only guess that you might not have a valid Windows license. a friend of mine used that program and had countless issues with his pc, including not being able to install programs cause they were just failing to install.
he ended up getting a valid license key and doing a complete format. i would suggest the same, get a new windows key when you get the chance.

Edited by shocked

• Most Valued Members
On 6/11/2021 at 11:53 PM, shocked said:

since Marcos mentions that you have Spico installed, i can only guess that you might not have a valid Windows license. a friend of mine used that program and had countless issues with his pc, including not being able to install programs cause they were just failing to install.
he ended up getting a valid license key and doing a complete format. i would suggest the same, get a new windows key when you get the chance.

Yeah the issue is that companies will find ways to block these things and even if they do find a workaround you never know what the crack is doing and if everything will work as it is supposed to.

The main thing as mentioned is the errors suggest a windows issue and not Eset