Trust This SIM Card Issue

Even with a Lic to Oct '22 I uninstalled Mobile Security because of too many False "Wrong Lock Code Entered" popups with Resulting pictures of me watching TV or driving or blurs ........... Sppt never could get a handle on it and that's OK.

At some point I must have setup "Trust This Sim Card" as I have a Jpg of the screen stating --- IF the Sim Card is removed (more for by a thief than me) the Phone will be Locked. "To enable this functionality we will create a unique identifier (ie) ESET1234c9 on your Sim card AND in your Contacts." THAT Contact IS Still THERE NOW.

What is the reality of this Setup WITH Mobile Security UNinstalled? What should I do?

Edited by COStark26

• Administrators

The issue has been reported to developers for investigation and to determine if it's phone-specific or a general issue. We'll keep you posted.

• 2 months later...

I never expected a solution to the original problem via This Thread -- BUT can you, Marcos, or someone just verify that with Mobile Security UN-installed from my phone there is no chance of Phone Lock should I ever have to Remove - Change SIM card - And I can Delete the Special Contact created by the Mobile App.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed ESET Mobile protection on my Sprint (T-mobile) Samsung S10+ and am having the exact same issue.  The anti-theft screen keeps popping up stating my SIM card was removed or changed when it clearly hasn't been.  This was happening every few minutes until I disabled it.  In the stored SIM numbers, it had at least 10 different numbers stored, but none of them matched my actual SIM card number.  I'm kind of worried that it's been two months and this issue still seems to exist.  Is there anything that can be done as the anti-theft feature is one of the reasons I put ESET on my phone?