Idm Claiming It's My Av! Please Help

I use Internet Download Manager to download streaming videos from websites. What happens is, if I am downloading let's say 5 videos at the same time, the moment I hit the download button on the 6th video, IDM seems to freeze until one of the 5 downloads have completed, then it would automatically start the download (but not from the beginning, it seems like it was already downloading in the background)

So I contacted their support about this and after investigation, they said they couldn't reproduce the problem on their system and suggested it may be my antivirus causing this.

Do you think this can be a problem with NOD32? I doubt it but I had to check with you guys as to see...

Hello,

I don't use IDM. But for a test, are you able to download more than 5 videos simultaneously if you exclude IDM under protocol filtering? Or disable NOD32 ?

Edited by SweX

how to do this? step by step if you dont mind

I just tried disabling NOD32 altogether and the problem still happened after my 6th simultaneous download...

I tried to reproduce this with Pale Moon x64 instead of x86 and now the problem happens after the 8th download instead of the 5th download so a bit better

now I will try it on Firefox

Edited by Tweak Arena

• Administrators

You can exclude particular applications from protocol filtering in the main setup -> Web and email -> Protocol filtering -> Excluded applications.

Right, so I did the exclusion but the problem still happens so I gues the people who work for IDM are just being lazy or don't want to fix their buggy download manager

ok so adding IDM to the exclusions didn't help one bit. I uninstalled NOD32 completely and now rather than IDM freezing after 5 or 6 downloads, it freezes after 9 or 10 downloads which is a ibg improvement. I hope you can submit this request to the NOD32 team to look into it as to why it was chocking my download manager after many simultaneous downloads and why didn't the exclude rule or even disabling the AV work? only uninstalling it completely helped

here is the image of my 9 simultaneous downloads without NOD32 being installed

post-1272-0-49586600-1405441047_thumb.png

Edited by Tweak Arena

I uninstalled NOD32 and installed Kaspersky Antivirus 2015 and the problem is gone so it is NOD32 causing the issue and disabling it or adding IDM to the exclusions didn't help

screenshot of multiple downloads at once with KAV installed

post-1272-0-23347900-1405809797_thumb.png

I uninstalled NOD32 and installed Kaspersky Antivirus 2015 and the problem is gone so it is NOD32 causing the issue and disabling it or adding IDM to the exclusions didn't help

Hmm but you said....

I uninstalled NOD32 completely and now rather than IDM freezing after 5 or 6 downloads, it freezes after 9 or 10 downloads which is a ibg improvement.

Wich should mean that having Kaspersky installed is actually even better in this case than having no AV at all installed, as i see 17 simultaneous downloads.

With no AV installed it froze after 9-10 downloads, and with Kaspersky installed you have as many as 17 downloads. Doesn't that sound a bit weird.

Hmm but you said....

I uninstalled NOD32 completely and now rather than IDM freezing after 5 or 6 downloads, it freezes after 9 or 10 downloads which is a ibg improvement.

Wich should mean that having Kaspersky installed is actually even better in this case than having no AV at all installed, as i see 17 simultaneous downloads.

With no AV installed it froze after 9-10 downloads, and with Kaspersky installed you have as many as 17 downloads. Doesn't that sound a bit weird.

I guess, I don't know what to think anymore....