I have a problem about task “Run Command” to map network drive

I have run the task “Run Command” on ESMC that using “net use” command to map network drive on computer client, I can access the mapped drive but it has a red X symbol appear on the icon of mapped network drive. Could you tell me what is the cause of this. Thank you.

MAPdrive.PNG

MAPdrive2.PNG

I believe the red "X" symbol is just a visualization of what is stated in the shown text. That is the Network drive is in a disconnected state. A disconnected Network drive is not in an online status and therefore cannot be mapped.

11 minutes ago, itman said:

I believe the red "X" symbol is just a visualization of what is stated in the shown text. That is the Network drive is in a disconnected state. A disconnected Network drive is not in an online status and therefore cannot be mapped.

but I can access the mapped drive

• ESET Staff

Could you please verify it is not one of known issues in Windows 10, for example mentioned here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/mapped-network-drive-fail-reconnect

Otherwise it is hard to guess what could be wrong -> run command just executed provided command as an LOCAL_SYSTEM account, i.e. as an system user, which might cause issues, but I was not able to find any specific ones - but I would guess it has something to do with permissions, especially in domain environments, where LOCAL_SYSTEM is commonly not authorized for network access. If this is the case mapped disks might repair/remapp itself when first used by authorized user, which would mean it is not actually working until user reopens it, which might cause issues in case mapped disk is to be used by other background services.

35 minutes ago, MartinK said:

Could you please verify it is not one of known issues in Windows 10, for example mentioned here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/mapped-network-drive-fail-reconnect

Otherwise it is hard to guess what could be wrong -> run command just executed provided command as an LOCAL_SYSTEM account, i.e. as an system user, which might cause issues, but I was not able to find any specific ones - but I would guess it has something to do with permissions, especially in domain environments, where LOCAL_SYSTEM is commonly not authorized for network access. If this is the case mapped disks might repair/remapp itself when first used by authorized user, which would mean it is not actually working until user reopens it, which might cause issues in case mapped disk is to be used by other background services.

thank you so much.