Eset 7.3.2- Chrome NOT syncing

GCON

Hi all

I installed Eset on the managing directors laptop. The first time it created a BATCH file requiring him to enter his username and password before  the network drives would map. After many hours troubleshooting we realised it was the anti virus. So I installed another free type.

Then I had 30m with his computer today. I removed his old AV and installed the new anti virus( 7.3.2) Mapped drives this time were fine.

However certain websites would not load. I checked for an updated version of Chrome, installed it. The when I logged him back into it Google couldn't sync. I had to disable HIPS and then it worked.

Please help. MD very pissed off and I don't have a clue. His computer is the only ONE with any problem. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Tks

Breff Gcon

• Administrators

First of all, uninstall ESET and make sure that the issues are gone.

Then install the latest ESET Endpoint Antivirus or ESET Endpoint Security 8.0.2028, depending on your license. Use default settings. Does the issue occur? If so, describe the issue since you've mentioned several ones.

Does disabling protocol filtering help? Or disabling real-time protection? Or disabling HIPS and rebooting the machine?

4 hours ago, GCON said:

However certain websites would not load. I checked for an updated version of Chrome, installed it. The when I logged him back into it Google couldn't sync. I had to disable HIPS and then it worked.

Did you check Eset's HIPS log for entries that might shed some light on what issues the HIPS was having with Chrome?