Threat detection alerts

I am having difficult preventing "Threat detected" popups. I have tried disabling them via the User Interface but they persist.

Windows 10, ESET Smart Security Premium Version 14.1.19.0

• Marcos changed the title to Threat detection alerts

Hello Codash,

Why would you want to disable the pop-up? Instead you cloud / should remove or fix whatever threat its finding. Maybe i / we can help with that instead?

Kind regards,

Tobias

5 hours ago, codash said:

I am having difficult preventing "Threat detected" popups. I have tried disabling them via the User Interface but they persist.

If the objective is to eliminate a specific Eset threat detection alert, the proper way to do so is via real-time protection threat exclusion.

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, codash said:

Windows 10, ESET Smart Security Premium Version 14.1.19.0

You should share the threat name and a screenshot. It could be a potentially unwanted application if that setting is enabled. If so and you want to use the program, you can add it into exceptions. Hiding the alert is not the best way in case it is dangerous 

• Administrators

While it's possible to not display desktop notifications and alerts at all, we would not recommend that. Otherwise you might not know that your machine is infected and that you should take an action and clean it.