Network USB sharing printing is unacceptable delay.

Recently we have ungraded ESET Security to 8. Currently version number says 8.0.2028.0. We have LAN environment. My issues is once end point client tool is upgraded network printer sharing via USB get unexpected delay. sometimes 2 3 minutes even a single page. One Firewall is disabled(host computer where printer is attached via USB) through Setup>Network>Firewall printing works flawlessly. there must be small tweaking in the Firewall configuration. please give a solution where to change and which option.

Your early response is highly appreciated. 

Thanks

Bandula

• Administrators

After the issue has occurred open the firewall troubleshooting wizard on the client, heck recently blocked connections and unblock the desired one(s). Does that help? If so, you can apply the necessary firewall rule via a policy from the ESET PROTECT console.

image.png

Thanks Macros. your method worked. It works few days, but start to appear. Sometimes works sometimes does not. any reason for that? Can I make a permanent rule as you mentioned through Console.?

• Administrators

What rules were created by unblocking the communication via the firewall troubleshooting wizard? You may need to edit them and replace the remote IP address with a subnet or range.

Hello Cabinet Office,

I have experience with ESET Firewall causing some weird issues like this if it does not think your LAN network is a trusted network.

I would advice you check if your Network is trusted by ESET via de "Known Networks" in the Firewall settings. Provided that the LAN network is a trusted Network managed by you and not accessible from lets say a public WI-FI acces point :).

Please let me know if this helps,

Kind regards,

Tobias