ESET NOD32 needs to be 'repaired' after temporary files clean up

My issue has previously been raised, but this thread was halted so no replies or additions are possible

Why does ESET NOD 32 AV have to be repaired after file cleaning?

I have the same issue as this original post, whenever my temporary files are cleaned up I need to 'repair' ESET NOD32 in order to get it to auto start at each boot again.  I too find the response to this original post somewhat underwhelming.  I've paid the licence fee after all ...

There is obviously a minor fault, some file or other it needs to run is probably stored in the temporary area and is being deleted during file clean up.  The 'repair' obviously re-instates whatever it is.  Shouldn't be that hard to sort?

Apart from that, it's a great product

Cheers   N

• Administrators

I, for one, don't think that EAV for LD stores its installer in the temp folder so that clearing the temp folder would cause problems with uninstallation.

You can raise a support ticket with your local ESET distributor, however, the product is no longer being developed, it's in limited support phase and will reach EOL in Q2/21.

• 2 weeks later...

Odd.  I purchased the license Feb 2018, renewed Feb 2021 with expiry 2024

Nowhere was it stated this product has EOL Q2/21.  I'm assuming there is an updated or alternative product available after the expiry?

• Administrators

The legacy NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop will keep receiving module updates to keep you protected until a new product for home users with Linux become available which we expect to be towards the end of 2021.