Should I Switch from EIS to ESSP? Is ESSP considered a password manager? What works best?

Should I Switch from EIS to ESSP? Is ESSP considered a password manager? What works best? Also got some weird warning messages that my network wasnt secure which was weird.. It is... Maybe because the host computer didn't update but has the right version though? What aggitates me is I can't log into the router the password and username has been changed so I cant changed setting or update it.. Just buy new ones.

i Use firefox lockwise and synce all that etc.. I have EIS which noticed the only difference between these two programs is a password protection an some other password thing? Should I use bitwarden with firefox lockwise or bitwarden alone or neither? What is the beast option? Also I'm running Eset 14.1.20.0 and here are the windows Specifications

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 2004

Installed On: 12/1/2020

OS buils: 19041.985

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

Should I update I know everyone will say yes but I"m letting these people that like to update instantly be the guinea pigs of their bugs etc. Also I'm confused on this buyt I just went through the questions and it says I'm all good.. So.. Why rush updates? I mean I'll update to the next one when I got to next month and so on.... I'm sure firefox lockwise has had a ton of time to get pretty secure and I'm still wondering if I should upgrade and use that along with firefox lockwise and maybe another program or just those two. Also with lockwise it wants me to set a master password should I do so? This answer will depend on whether I get bitlocker or whatever you guys reccomend? Also upgrading is no big deal unless it sucks compared EIS which I Don't see efficially just 2 basic things make the difference. I hope I didn't sound to much like a fool and it made enough sense with my english. I apoligize..

Also on windows mobile android does it really do anything there are people that say it doesn't there are people that say it does no matter how much you dig your not finding an answer? Also when signing up it gives me 30 days free for two separate options: Mobile or PC, Mac, Mobile. Should and which one should I get? I'll try to upload images of the differences each offer. Wow what a pain in the rear I'm going to try one last time. Sorry it is all out of order. I know this is a huge post I extremely appreciate any replys and taking your time out of your day to help me.

PC an MORE 3.jpg

PC an MORE 2.jpg

PC an MORE 1.jpg

Mobile6.jpg

Mobile5.jpg

Mobile4.jpg

Mobile3.jpg

Mobile2.jpg

Mobile1.jpg

PC an MORE 5.jpg

PC an MORE 4.jpg

• Administrators

Do you need to protect two devices - a PC running Windows and a mobile phone with Android?

Since you already use a password manager, if you don't need also disk encryption you don't have to upgrade to ESSP. However, in H2 ESSP will also bring a premium protection feature that won't be available in EAV/EIS any time soon. There will be a campaign for upgrade to ESSP in H2 so I'd wait with upgrade if your EIS license is not due for renewal soon.

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

However, in Q2 ESSP will also bring a premium protection feature that won't be available in EAV/EIS any time soon. There will be a campaign for upgrade to ESSP in Q2 so I'd wait with upgrade if your EIS license is not due for renewal soon.

Well, Q2 ends in two days. Eset needs "to get cracking" on rolling out the details on this new ESSP "premium feature."

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, itman said:

Well, Q2 ends in two days. Eset needs "to get cracking" on rolling out the details on this new ESSP "premium feature."

I'm sorry, my fault. I meant H2/2021.

Hi @Marcos,

The pricings for ESSP here in Sri Lanka is extremely expensive compared to EIS which is very reasonable. ESSP is 7 times the cost of EIS on www.eset.com/lk - I wonder if marketing can consider reasonable pricings for ESSP here in SL as I would love to upgrade my level of protection to Premium.

BR

EIS.PNG

ESSP.PNG

Appears to me Eset has priced EIS very low in Sir Lanka. 1850 LKR = $9.21 USD. EIS has never been offered that low in the U.S.

Current U.S. Eset web site price for EIS is $50 for a one year license. ESS price is $60.

@itman Indeed. Living in a developing country the pricings have been reasonable for EIS but its quite insane when it comes to ESSP. I highly doubt if anyone will chose ESSP with that cost. In the US $50 for EIS and $60 for ESSP the difference seems reasonable with a $10 gap. I hope ESET Marketing can be more reasonable when it comes to ESSP cost for developing countries. 

Thanks

• Administrators

ESET has higher expenses for ESSP than for EIS/EAV. Should the price be only a slightly higher than the price of the EIS license, ESET would lose money with every ESSP license sold which is something that vendors of commercial software cannot afford.

Hmmm I ended up choosing mobile premium 30 days trial but its very hard to follow because it is definity different then what I saw before.. Also I dont want any rooting or anything.

Back to computer and its running 14.1.20.0 and yet they want to do another update and 20 days is longest I can hold it but maybe longer as they keep patching everyway. My EIS runs out on the 29 this month. Ya have a password manager that I only feel comfortable talk with a manger. Plus I already notice on the new updates they are changing a lot and a TONNN of setting turning off their adware, data stealing list goes on.They reset my setting and made even more. Also how am I suppose to know what version I'm on it doesn't say 21h or 22h or whatever anywhere. Please delete this if it exposes anything personao! Also why it says 2004 I have NO CLUE! All help is appreciated.

Capture2.JPG

• Most Valued Members
9 hours ago, Prayer1 said:

Hmmm I ended up choosing mobile premium 30 days trial but its very hard to follow because it is definity different then what I saw before.. Also I dont want any rooting or anything.

Back to computer and its running 14.1.20.0 and yet they want to do another update and 20 days is longest I can hold it but maybe longer as they keep patching everyway. My EIS runs out on the 29 this month. Ya have a password manager that I only feel comfortable talk with a manger. Plus I already notice on the new updates they are changing a lot and a TONNN of setting turning off their adware, data stealing list goes on.They reset my setting and made even more. Also how am I suppose to know what version I'm on it doesn't say 21h or 22h or whatever anywhere. Please delete this if it exposes anything personao! Also why it says 2004 I have NO CLUE! All help is appreciated.

Capture2.JPG

I should point out the premium mobile version is different to the premium Windows version so may not include the password manager. Normally there's a deal where you can get multiple devices. Sometimes it's also worth contacting your local Eset distributor to see what they can do. 

On 6/6/2021 at 3:03 AM, peteyt said:

I should point out the premium mobile version is different to the premium Windows version so may not include the password manager. Normally there's a deal where you can get multiple devices. Sometimes it's also worth contacting your local Eset distributor to see what they can do. 

Ya I realize that but the interface is definitely a little challenging and confusing - The mobile version.  Well got EIS on computer and it also looks little challenging when you get into the advanced settings..

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Prayer1 said:

Ya I realize that but the interface is definitely a little challenging and confusing - The mobile version.  Well got EIS on computer and it also looks little challenging when you get into the advanced settings..

To be honest the advanced section is something ment to be avoided for general use

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 2:38 AM, Marcos said:

Do you need to protect two devices - a PC running Windows and a mobile phone with Android?

Since you already use a password manager, if you don't need also disk encryption you don't have to upgrade to ESSP. However, in H2 ESSP will also bring a premium protection feature that won't be available in EAV/EIS any time soon. There will be a campaign for upgrade to ESSP in H2 so I'd wait with upgrade if your EIS license is not due for renewal soon.

It needs renewal in 9 days..

On 5/30/2021 at 1:58 AM, Marcos said:

ESET has higher expenses for ESSP than for EIS/EAV. Should the price be only a slightly higher than the price of the EIS license, ESET would lose money with every ESSP license sold which is something that vendors of commercial software cannot afford.

So since I need renewal in 5 days (starting tomorrow) and you say better stuff is coming in ESSP in h2, I'm guessing it's best to upgrade or not and get another year of EIS? Also is 21h1 after 20h2? Currently on 19041.985 then their is 19042.985, and 19043.985. Main computer is on 20h2 so 19042.985 I'm guessing? I'd like to note it's best to wait as long as possible before updating because they release it with MANY MANY bugs an just do not care and it's best to wait at the very least a little bit till they patch the glitches..

On 5/30/2021 at 1:58 AM, Marcos said:

I ended up upgrading, this will definitely take some getting used to..

• Most Valued Members
7 hours ago, Prayer1 said:

I ended up upgrading, this will definitely take some getting used to..

To premium? Generally it's the same and looks the same to eis just with a few extras e.g. password manager, encryption etc.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, peteyt said:

To premium? Generally it's the same and looks the same to eis just with a few extras e.g. password manager, encryption etc.

One more extra protection feature will be added to ESSP v15 which won't be part of EAV/EIS.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

One more extra protection feature will be added to ESSP v15

And that is ...........?

3 hours ago, peteyt said:

Ya, and ya but I never figured out how to understand everything (ignoring the advanced section which I just let it be).

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

One more extra protection feature will be added to ESSP v15 which won't be part of EAV/EIS.

Can't wait. Also the password manager I think would be more secure then the firefox one right? But I would probably have to manually transfer the passwords which its better to be secure so no problem.

14 minutes ago, itman said:

And that is ...........?

I got the hint that it's not suppose to be known for now. I wish I could of waited till then but my thing was about to expire so it is what it is. Maybe a promotion thing idk.

Edited by Prayer1

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, itman said:

And that is ...........?

I assume it will be first announced to Insider program users who have signed an SLA with the release of v15 beta later this year.