Need NOD32 Antivirus for Windows 7 32 bit

guiri

Guys, I bought a NOD32 used (lack of money) and now, I can't seem to activate it. It is for someone that helped me out with someone so I am setting up a computer for them. It's ready to go except for the antivirus.

I have a license number but having problems and it's been so long since I activated anything that I don't remember what I'm supposed to do.

I've been using this for some ten years or longer now and love it but my memory sucks and I don't remember where I get user name and login from.

What are the steps?

Can I just buy any version and it'll work on win 7 or?

Because I live off 750 a month, I don't have money for the latest updates and I also usually prefer older versions of most programs anyway so I've been buying nod32 when I find specials (for me and my friends) on newegg or sometimes, I go to ebay and buy an older copy with a key.

Normally that works fine for me but this time I'm having problems and I want them to have antivirus before they go online.

Thanks

George

2 hours ago, guiri said:

Guys, I bought a NOD32 used (lack of money) and now, I can't seem to activate it. It is for someone that helped me out with someone so I am setting up a computer for them. It's ready to go except for the antivirus.

Since you state this is a "used" NOD32 license, it must be uninstalled from the device owned by whomever you purchased the license from. Assuming this is a single device license, uninstalling Eset should free the license and allow it to be activated on your device  by simply entering the license key either at installation time or thereafter via NOD32 GUI option. However, sometimes this might not work. In that instance, the license seller needs to logon to my.eset.com web site and un-allocate  the license there.

Note that purchasing an Eset license from eBay and like web sites is fraught with peril. Many of those licenses are stolen or have cracked license keys that either have been or will be deactivated by Eset.

Edited by itman

On 5/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, Marcos said:

You can install ESET on Windows 7 SP1 32-bit as long as SHA-2 code signing support is installed via Windows updates KB4474419 and KB4490628 (see https://help.eset.com/eis/14/en-US/?outdated_os.html).

Ok, I tried both of those and it told me those updates did not apply to computer. I downloaded a trial version from eset and let's see if it works.

Could you take me step by step how to validate the antivirus once I have a license?

Where do I get user name and password which I have on my version?

Thanks

George

Ok, I tried to install the downloaded version of the antivirus but it said that my version of windows is outdated.

Gonna try an older version which I did before but I couldn't authenticate it. I would like a solution soon if possible 'cause I need to take the computer back to them and I'd like it to be with antivirus.

The problem is if I buy it, I won't get it here on time and if I try to download it, I don't get a serial. Any suggestions?
------------
Tried to do the sp1 update and got an error:

It said that windows could not search for updates.

0 results for "WindowsUpdate_80072EFE" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Edited by guiri

• Administrators

Do you have SP1 installed? Then you should be able to install also the two required updates that add SHA-2 code signing support.