Upon Factory reset I've been unable to fully uninstall ESET Nod32

Go to solution Solved by shocked,

I recently factory reset my pc (some things didn't fully uninstall, one of which appeared to be ESET) I've followed numerous topics on this website to attempt to manually  uninstall the software but nothing seems to be working, i've contacted support but i'm still waiting on response.error.thumb.jpg.3352aeebdba020715bce9106f8c093db.jpg

• Administrators

Looks like a permission issue. Check ACL permissions for the folder and file and make sure that you have permissions to read and execute files.

A Win 10 factory reset is in fact a Windows repair installation. As such and as you noted, some apps may have been partially uninstalled. Appears Eset was one of those apps.

Try using Eset's Uninstaller tool to remove all past remnants of Eset. This tool must be run in Win 10 Safe mode. The uninstaller tool can be downloaded here along with instructions on how to run the tool: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool . After the uninstaller completes execution, reboot your PC and attempt to install Eset again.

Edited by itman

On 5/26/2021 at 9:43 AM, Marcos said:

Looks like a permission issue. Check ACL permissions for the folder and file and make sure that you have permissions to read and execute files.

I Have full access to all files being the computer's administrator

On 5/26/2021 at 10:51 AM, itman said:

A Win 10 factory reset is in fact a Windows repair installation. As such and as you noted, some apps may have been partially uninstalled. Appears Eset was one of those apps.

Try using Eset's Uninstaller tool to remove all past remnants of Eset. This tool must be run in Win 10 Safe mode. The uninstaller tool can be downloaded here along with instructions on how to run the tool: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool . After the uninstaller completes execution, reboot your PC and attempt to install Eset again.

If you look at the image I linked you can see I already attempted this solution and it did not work, thanks though.

• Most Valued Members
  • Solution

i'm curious, why does the error dialog say "C:\users\....\OneDrive\Desktop\...."?

are you trying to run the tool from OneDrive? the uninstaller must be saved offline/locally on the hard drive to be able to run successfully.

26 minutes ago, shocked said:

i'm curious, why does the error dialog say "C:\users\....\OneDrive\Desktop\...."?

are you trying to run the tool from OneDrive? the uninstaller must be saved offline/locally on the hard drive to be able to run successfully.

When I downloaded it initially that's where it put it, I moved it to the proper location and that seems to have fixed my issue. Thanks so much!