No indepth scan after version update 14.1.19.0

After last version update I can not run a in depth scan manually or by scheduled scan. It runs a smart scan only.

• Administrators

How do you know that a smart scan is run instead of in-depth scan? It sounds like you changed in-depth scan settings. Try resetting settings to default values or uninstall ESET and install the latest version from scratch.

OK I know smart scan was done by the number of files scanned. I reverted to default and it did in depth scan. If you enable enable smart optimization it goes back to doing a smart scan if indepth is selected. Deselect smart optimization and it will do an in depth scan.

• Administrators

Yes, Smart optimization is basically the only difference between the smart and in-depth scan. If you enable it for the in-depth scan, you'll make it smart scan.

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, Marcos said:

If you enable it for the in-depth scan, you'll make it smart scan.

i always had that option enabled for the in-depth and wondered why the [in-depth] scan was finishing so fast. :)

now that i disabled it, the in-depth takes quite a long time to finish, and everything is good

Smart optimization never affected having in depth scan selected before, why did it change with the new version?

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, RAB said:

Smart optimization never affected having in depth scan selected before, why did it change with the new version?

It's always been so. Smart optimization is and has always been disabled for the In-depth scan profile and enabled for other profiles, however, the user can change profile settings.