Eset cyber security 6.10.700.0 fails to install on Mac Big Sur 11.3.1

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

I checked it with QA and this version is supported the ESET product can be installed on it.

He pointed me to a case with the same issue, it was resolved by removing previous ESET installation / folders.

So check if you have the older version installed / remains from it, remove them and try to install again.

Peter

P_EES6M-6472

1 hour ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello guys,

I checked it with QA and this version is supported the ESET product can be installed on it.

He pointed me to a case with the same issue, it was resolved by removing previous ESET installation / folders.

So check if you have the older version installed / remains from it, remove them and try to install again.

Peter

P_EES6M-6472

The old version was already uninstalled following FAQ https://support.eset.com/en/kb3239-how-do-i-uninstall-or-reinstall-eset-cyber-security-or-eset-cyber-security-pro. What else need to remove manually?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I would check in path 

"System/Volumes/Data/$DATE_INFO.previous/$system_name - Data/Applications/$ESET_Product_name.app"

the $values are variables depended on your system / ESET product.

In case the installation fails even after the manual cleaning, collect the logs by means of the ESET LogCollector on macOS as described at https://support.eset.com/en/kb3404-use-eset-logcollector-on-macos-and-send-the-logs-to-eset-technical-support and open a case for our tech support guys to check.

Regards, Peter

Interesting as I grabbed the install from the ESET website (had to make sure I grabbed the right macOS app) and it upgraded fine over the old version (I make a back up of the settings as in the past I have had it where those were reset).  I upgraded from the version before 6.10.700.0.  My other question would be when was the last time you restarted (I do know that macOS 11.4 is due in the next few days).

I am unable to download the new version of the eset cyber security pro even after following the instructions to uninstall the previous version. Do you know what to do to get eset downloaded. Thanks.

Same issue with 6.10.700.0 failure to install on Big Sur 11.4. Download worked fine. Failed during step "Writing Files". No response yet from ESET customer service for ticket from 5/18. Perhaps the moderators can help further.  Thank you.

Log file indicates the following errors:

Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Installer.pkg”.

Code=101 "archive verify failed"

The error reported on the screen is:

Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Hope that helps track down what's wrong. Thank you.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Donald Knuth said:

No response yet from ESET customer service for ticket from 5/18.

Please provide your ticket number so that we can check the status of the ticket.

Also please provide the download link as well as SHA1 of the downloaded file.

Hi, thank you. Previously when ESET noted a new version was available, I clicked the  yes button at bottom of the window rather than using the link. It downloaded a package. This process is what failed multiple times. In response to your query I instead copied the link and downloaded. That installed successfully. Unfortunately, I lost the specific link provided by ESET, and now that it is installed it doesn't offer the link, and don't see a hash value anywhere. Below is the file name, though I am guessing that isn't useful. 

The ticket number from 5/18 was #00192712. Still no response to that or a later one  #00196722 from May 27. 

Upshot is I appear to now be updated. Thank you.

image.thumb.png.f98cb5306906a7c202f361504a8c1db6.png

• 1 month later...