Can't activate NOD32 for Linux

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello everyone, I bought an ESET Internet Security license. I can activate the Windows and Android version. But I can't activate the Linux version. I am asked for a username and password, while I only have a license key as information sent by ESET...  Does any of you know if there is a solution?

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem: purchased ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop, got a license key, but no username/password. Cannot find any place to insert the license key.

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, k6ps said:

I have a similar problem: purchased ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop, got a license key, but no username/password. Cannot find any place to insert the license key.

Please check your personal messages for your U/P.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
42 minutes ago, Boerdi said:

I purchased a license key and i can't activate, the page after the personal information is blank.

Apparently you have the legacy version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop installed which doesn't support activation nor connection with my.eset.com.

The blank window on the screen doesn't seem to come from EAV. Please provide step-by-step instructions of what you did.

Step-by-steb

Download nod32 from eset.com

Installing and try to activated , this it

I'm contacted my seller and wait, i have only a key, no password or username

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Boerdi said:

Unfortunately it is not clear what product you downloaded. "NOD32" can refer to ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop or generally to any ESET product as they were simply well known as NOD32.

However, checking your license showed that you were provided with a 1-month trial license for ESET PROTECT Essential On-prem bundle on July 13 and the license already expired on Aug 12, 2021.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought an ESET Internet Security license. I can activate the Windows and Android version. But I can't activate the Linux version. I am asked for a username and password, while I only have a license key as information sent by ESET...  Does any of you know if there is a solution?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, pradiptadash said:

I bought an ESET Internet Security license. I can activate the Windows and Android version. But I can't activate the Linux version. I am asked for a username and password, while I only have a license key as information sent by ESET...  Does any of you know if there is a solution?

We do not sell any license for Linux for home users any more. You could theoretically purchase ESET PROTECT Entry for 5 machines but that's of course quite expensive for home users.

• Administrators
On 8/24/2021 at 8:15 PM, Boerdi said:

Step-by-steb

Installing and try to activated , this it

I'm contacted my seller and wait, i have only a key, no password or username

You have a license for ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Windows. This doesn't cover ESET Endpoint Antivirus v8 for Linux. Currently we don't have nor sell any Linux solution for home users.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm in the same situation, got license keys although no user/pass for Linux.
Can you help me out as well ?

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,
m

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, mokaz said:

I'm in the same situation, got license keys although no user/pass for Linux.
Can you help me out as well ?

I was unable to find any license registered with your forum email address. Please provide your public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all

I bought a new NOD32 License but i cannot activate my Linux NOD32 Desktop. Only the windows is activateable. But in the License manager at home.eset.com i can see following:
VERFÜGBARE PRODUKTE FÜR DIESE LIZENZ

ESET NOD32 Antivirus

ESET Cyber Security

ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop

(I use the german versions)

So this License is also useable for the Linux NOD32 Desktop Version but i only got a License Key via mail and not a User/Password combination 

Br

Christopheset_linux_not_working.png

Edited by crybal
spelling!

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, crybal said:

I bought a new NOD32 License but i cannot activate my Linux NOD32 Desktop. Only the windows is activateable. But in the License manager at home.eset.com i can see following:

You have a license for ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Windows. NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop has already been discontinued and is not available for download.

14 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You have a license for ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Windows. NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop has already been discontinued and is not available for download.

Sorry, but as you can see in my license manager which says

VERFÜGBARE PRODUKTE FÜR DIESE LIZENZ (Available products for this license)

ESET NOD32 Antivirus

ESET Cyber Security

ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop

So how can i license this ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop with my license key.

I bought a ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2022 | 3 Geräte | 1 Jahr | Windows (10, 8, 7 und Vista), macOS und Linux 
license as you can see in the attached screenshot!
Windows, MacOS and Linux!!!!!

Br
Christoph 

Order_ESET_Linux.png

• Administrators

I have reached out to the German sales to make sure to remove the information about the already discontinued product for Linux from the purchase information above. If you don't need a license for all devices because of this, you can contact the seller for a complete or partial refund.