Automatic Media Scan

Othacon
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi all, 

Hope you can help me. I have Eset protect configured in a server and the eset endpoint protection applied on all of my workstations, and this ones all have an agent that is talking with Eset protect.

I configured a policy in Eset protect to say that all the usb media that is inserted in the workstations to be automatically scanned, but I was told that even despite having this if the user wants it can access and execute files in the usb stick while the scan is still being executed. Is this true? 

Thank you

Edited by Othacon

• Administrators

If you have ESET Dynamic Threat Defense and proactive protection enabled, files from removable media cannot be executed before they are analyzed in the cloud sandbox.

50 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you have ESET Dynamic Threat Defense and proactive protection enabled, files from removable media cannot be executed before they are analyzed in the cloud sandbox.

Thank you for the reply. Now I got lost, the only licenses I have is for Eset Endpoint Protection + Eset File Security for the servers and Eset Protect to manage them. 

I think it's the Eset protect entry and for what I saw doesn't have the cloud sandbox. Can I say trough the policies from Eset protect for the files to be fully scanned in the workstations before they can be accessed?

Thank you

• Administrators
  • Solution
34 minutes ago, Othacon said:

I think it's the Eset protect entry and for what I saw doesn't have the cloud sandbox. Can I say trough the policies from Eset protect for the files to be fully scanned in the workstations before they can be accessed?

No, this is possible only with EDTD.