Migrate from Windows VM to Protect Appliance

Hi

Is there a straightforward way to migrate from ESMC on a windows server VM , to the new Protect Appliance, without having to reinstall all the agents again?

• ESET Staff

I would recommend to start by checking migration scenarios described in documentation: https://help.eset.com/protect_install/80/en-US/?migration_same_version.html

But in short, it is not possible to migrate data between different database type (i.e. SQL Server to MySQL), but it is definitely possible to perform migration to newly installed ESET PROTECT appliance, without need to reinstall AGENTs. Just be aware that such migration would mean loss of all collected data and even configuration of console (i.e. various policies, dynamic groups, etc.) will have to be migrated, if possible.
Complexity of redirecting AGENTs to newly installed ESET PROTECT server is not high, it requires just changes in certificates, but one has to be careful with proper order of steps as mistake might result in inability of AGENTs connect to both old and new server, and thus requiring manual repair.