Cannot activate nod32 using license key on Ubuntu Linux

Go to solution Solved by peteyt,

I know others have experienced this issue, and I attemped to contact customer support and provided them with my license key (3 device key, but I only need one at the moment); however, they have been unable to provide me a username and password that I can use to activate the product on my Ubuntu Linux machine.  Can someone with the knowledge of how to do so please respond?  I will happily send a direct message with my name and license key to any eset employee who can assist me in this matter.

Thank you!

• Administrators

I was unable to find your license by your forum email address. I'd recommend contacting your local ESET distributor or post your public license ID.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

I was unable to find your license by your forum email address. I'd recommend contacting your local ESET distributor or post your public license ID.

I purchased eset multi-device security (3 devices, one year) from Amazon.com on 5/4, but was only provided with a 'license key'.  I have seen other forum threads where users in this scenario were able to send the license key through direct forum  message in order to obtain the username and password combination that is required for activating eset nod32 on Linux.  I thought about replying to another thread with this same situation but decided it would be best to create my own thread instead of commingling my issue with someone else's.

• Most Valued Members
  • Solution
23 minutes ago, LinuxUser47 said:

I purchased eset multi-device security (3 devices, one year) from Amazon.com on 5/4, but was only provided with a 'license key'.  I have seen other forum threads where users in this scenario were able to send the license key through direct forum  message in order to obtain the username and password combination that is required for activating eset nod32 on Linux.  I thought about replying to another thread with this same situation but decided it would be best to create my own thread instead of commingling my issue with someone else's.

You can probably sent a PM to @Marcos but there may be issues due to purchasing via Amazon, as often someone buying from sites similar find the license is overused  as they have sold a single license to multiple issues 

22 hours ago, peteyt said:

You can probably sent a PM to @Marcos but there may be issues due to purchasing via Amazon, as often someone buying from sites similar find the license is overused  as they have sold a single license to multiple issues 

You are correct, the problem was purchasing via Amazon, they went out of their way to make the 'eset store' look legitimate, and Marcos confirmed via PM that they do not sell through Amazon.  Thank you both for your time!

Follow-up question in case someone can provide some insight on this-

It appears nod32 for Linux is in a legacy/EOL status.  Is there another eset product I should purchase (through an official reseller, this time!) that would be a better choice for long term Linux protection?

• Most Valued Members
32 minutes ago, LinuxUser47 said:

Follow-up question in case someone can provide some insight on this-

It appears nod32 for Linux is in a legacy/EOL status.  Is there another eset product I should purchase (through an official reseller, this time!) that would be a better choice for long term Linux protection?

@Marcoswill be able to answer that. I don't use Linux myself but I know they are looking at an alternative to the current Linux offerings for home users

• Administrators
8 hours ago, LinuxUser47 said:

You can still use the legacy product ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop. It will continue to receive updates until its replaced with a new version in a few months.

17 hours ago, peteyt said:

@Marcoswill be able to answer that. I don't use Linux myself but I know they are looking at an alternative to the current Linux offerings for home users

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

You can still use the legacy product ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop. It will continue to receive updates until its replaced with a new version in a few months.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks again @peteyt and @Marcos!