Looking forward to 14.1.20 changelog

Page42

Once again the wait begins for the changelog that will appear long after the update.  😒

I'm not sure why some Web pages have access to the changelog before it will be posted on Eset's own forum. 

Changes in ESET Smart Security Premium 14.1.20.0:

• Fixed: Webcam protection and device control

• Administrators

Current changelog is always on the official download page on www.eset.com for instance:

image.png

We post an announcement here mostly during work hours in Europe as time allows and with priority based on the number / importance of changes in the new version.

After installing the upgrade and rebooting, I got an ESET pop up that talked about a new & improved behavior blocker and improved ransomeware protection and something else I can't remember.  I should have done a screen capture.  It was a lot more involved than a fix for webcam protection and device control.

And btw, I still can't locate the changelog that you say is on the official download page.

Edited by Page42

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

If you are downloading from the US web site, for example: https://www.eset.com/us/home/smart-security-premium/download/, look under Download Option, click on the Configure Download text, and then click on the Changelog▼ text.  The changelog will now be displayed below the download link.

The installer for the software discusses new features added in the major version of the software.  In other words, the changes from version 13 to 14, and not the specific changes between 14.1.0.19 and 14.1.0.20, as those are displayed in the changelog.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I downloaded and installed 14.1.20.0 via the program internal updater, as I always do.  Then, as mentioned, after installing the upgrade and rebooting, I got an ESET pop up that talked about a new & improved behavior blocker and improved ransomeware protection and something else I can't remember.  That pop up message actually appeared twice until I answered it with a "Got it", as I recall.   Again, as noted, the message after updating was a lot more involved than a fix for webcam protection and device control.

TY for the reply, Aryeh Goretsky.

• Administrators

I assume you installed v14.1.19 from scratch before you updated to v14.1.20. Therefore a window informing you about new features of v14.1 popped up. If you upgraded from v14.0 to v14.1.19 first, the window would have popped up during that upgrade and not after upgrade to v14.1.20.

I installed 14.1.19 via the internal program updater.  I did that back when 14.1.19 first was released.  And I installed 14.1.20 the same way.  Not from scratch.  I always use the internal program updater.  I was told to reboot after updating, on two computers.  Got the same ESET pop up that talked about a new & improved behavior blocker and improved ransomeware protection on both machines.  It has been a long, long time (years) since I installed ESET from scratch.

Edited by Page42