Help generating a software report with user login info

I need to generate a report that shows all computers without a specific piece of software installed that also includes the 'assigned user'.

I can create a dynamic group that shows systems without a specific app installed (using the 'nor' function). I can export this to csv with the required details, except there's no way I can see to include the user info.

Reports don't seem to have an equivalent 'nor' function like the dynamic groups do so while I can pull user info, I'm unable to pull systems without specific software.

Am I missing something obvious? Any help appreciated.

Also, looking over the report options, I don't see a way to pull a report of systems in a Dynamic group, only Static groups.

If I could do that, I could get at the info I need based on the Dynamic group I created that is missing the specific software.

• ESET Staff
6 minutes ago, j-gray said:

Also, looking over the report options, I don't see a way to pull a report of systems in a Dynamic group, only Static groups.

Not sure I understand correctly, but filtering devices based on dynamic groups should be farily easy: just filter has t obe added to reports:
image.png
but there might be conflict with other settings, preventing use of such filter.

@MartinK; thank you -somehow I missed that.

I'm not very familiar with reports. It seems like once I pick a Table Column or two in the Data section, the remaining data columns to select become quite limited. So for example, I'm able to choose 'logged users', 'computer name', and 'IP address', but then I don't have the option to choose connection time, OS version, or some other required info.

Is this by design?

image.png.f78a398251c5f30b286e8477d4d79a7b.png

• ESET Staff
1 hour ago, j-gray said:

@MartinK; thank you -somehow I missed that.

I'm not very familiar with reports. It seems like once I pick a Table Column or two in the Data section, the remaining data columns to select become quite limited. So for example, I'm able to choose 'logged users', 'computer name', and 'IP address', but then I don't have the option to choose connection time, OS version, or some other required info.

Is this by design?

Actually it works in a way that only "supported" combinations are possible, so once you select more and more columns, there is less possibilities to chose from. So from technical perspective, it is "by design" as required combination is most probably not available.
What would be actually the use-case you are targeting by this report? Just to pair employees with devices that are no longer connecting?

16 minutes ago, MartinK said:

What would be actually the use-case you are targeting by this report? Just to pair employees with devices that are no longer connecting?

I need to find all OS X workstations that are missing a specific app and need to know the assigned user so that they can be contacted. Also need to include the OS version, so that we can work with the specific user to update/replace the device as needed.