ACT.32 error plz help

OK I live in China and I got my new key, old 1 expired.

i m using a software name as clash for windows, which works like a VPN, to access YouTube sorts of websites, since they r blocked in China.To activate, i disable the software, try eset and get ACT.33 

plz help

• Administrators

You have a promo/trial license issued in China and restricted for use in China. If you are getting the error ACT.33 despite not using a VPN, please contact your local ESET distributor.

3 hours ago, hululu said:

i m using a software name as clash for windows, which works like a VPN, to access YouTube sorts of websites, since they r blocked in China.To activate, i disable the software, try eset and get ACT.33 

The only English documentation I could find on "Clash For Windows" is here: https://docs.wannaflix.net/windows/v2ray-shadowsocks/clash-for-windows-new . Everything on Github where the software is hosted is written in Chinese.

According to the link I posted, Clash For Windows uses an in program  mode:

Modes:

Global - All websites go through WannaFlix

Proxy - Chinese websites do NOT go through WannaFlix. All other websites do.

To initiate an Internet connection:

1. Go to the "General" tab

2. Toggle the "System Proxy" switch

You are now connected.

To disconnect: Toggle the "System Proxy" switch again

Make sure to turn the "System Proxy" switch OFF before quiting the app or you won't have any internet if you do so (i.e. a kill-switch).

To fix it, restart the app and turn the "System Proxy" switch OFF and then quit the app.

Appears to me one must be in "Proxy" mode when activating Eset If the Eset Chinese web site is in-country based. Otherwise, "Global" mode must be used.

Edited by itman