Eset 14.1.19.0 Push Notification Service servers

It seems there's no fox for this problem! Eset is becoming more troublesome these days. I think I should better look for the older version of the App to install.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 5/26/2021 at 9:34 AM, Marcos said:

Please read the posts above to learn why we have started using EPNS in consumer products as of v14.1.20. WIth EPNS blocked, communication from ESET's licensing or Anti-Theft servers may be delayed by hours.

However, you will be able to disable the appropriate application status about inaccessible EPNS servers soon.

It happened with me again but it's weird. 

I booted my computer up, then went downstairs and turned the powerline adapter on. As the internet seemed to connect and Eset tried to update, my phone seemed to loose connection (was watching something on YouTube on it while my PC loaded). The phone said connected but the video wouldn't play and I had to disconnect and connect to the WIFI.

I noticed the error that Eset couldn't connect and it asked me to unblock some ports which clicking leads to the following link https://support.eset.com/en/kb332-ports-and-addresses-required-to-use-your-eset-product-with-a-third-party-firewall#esetlivegrid

What is weird is that the link doesn't load and most other websites at this time. However if I Google something I still get search results, but most sites fail to load. I noticed that Eset failed to update. The Network icon however is fine and running a network Trouble-shooter also didn't show any issues. Eventually everything connects fine.

I just don't get why it would stop most sites loading, fail an Eset update but at the same time allow me to Google something. This doesn't happen all the time - is there anything I can do when it happens again e.g. start logging something?

Edited by peteyt

2 hours ago, peteyt said:

I booted my computer up, then went downstairs and turned the powerline adapter on.

I assume these are Ethernet Powerline adapters? Make sure they are powered up and have completed self-syncing prior to booting any PC connected to them. I believe all the issues you described are a result of not having a fully functional Internet connection when Windows started up.

FYI - my Ethernet powerline adapters are on 7/24. Additionally, properly syncing these devices is a "real bear." I was having all kinds of network connection issues until I found a posting on the manufacture's web site on how to force sync these devices. It involved plugging both adapters into a power strip and syncing them there. Since I did this and also keeping these devices on 7/24, I have never had any further networking issues in regards to these devices.

Edited by itman

• Administrators
5 hours ago, peteyt said:

What is weird is that the link doesn't load and most other websites at this time.

As far as issues loading websites are concerned, does temporarily disabling protocol filtering and firewall make a difference? If not, the issues should not be ESET related.

• Most Valued Members
12 hours ago, Marcos said:

As far as issues loading websites are concerned, does temporarily disabling protocol filtering and firewall make a difference? If not, the issues should not be ESET related.

Will try next time this occurs. Not getting on my desktop as much lately 

15 hours ago, itman said:

I assume these are Ethernet Powerline adapters? Make sure they are powered up and have completed self-syncing prior to booting any PC connected to them. I believe all the issues you described are a result of not having a fully functional Internet connection when Windows started up.

FYI - my Ethernet powerline adapters are on 7/24. Additionally, properly syncing these devices is a "real bear." I was having all kinds of network connection issues until I found a posting on the manufacture's web site on how to force sync these devices. It involved plugging both adapters into a power strip and syncing them there. Since I did this and also keeping these devices on 7/24, I have never had any further networking issues in regards to these devices.

Mine have buttons on you press each to synch them up.

However I can't recall this issue until lately. 

4 hours ago, paulpraveen23 said:

I'm also having this problem after updating to 14.1.20.0. It did not happen with the previous versions.

Eset Push Notifications option uses process ekrn.exe, TCP protocol, and remote port 8883. Verify that outbound network traffic for this is not being blocked by whatever firewall you are using.