Eset 14.1.19.0 Push Notification Service servers

I'm before that used from version (14.0.21.0 and 14.0.22.0) and after use from version 14.1.19.0 i have this problem :

The ESET Push Notification Service servers cannot be reached
this could be due to an outage or a problem with your network connection.

Allow access to ESET push Notification Service servers on firewall

i use all way for solve the problem but the problem can't solved.

i remove the eset and reinstall that. also i reinstall windows! but the problem persists!

Windows information:

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    20H2
Installed on    ‎5/‎2/‎2021
OS build    19042.964
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

Hardware Information:

Device name    DESKTOP-XXXXXXX
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB
Device ID    XXXX6A86-XXXX-46X2-963F-F19A50E3XXXX
Product ID    0XX31-10000-00X0X-AXX59
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

1-Eset.jpg

2-Eset.jpg

Edited by Rose

• Most Valued Members

I've had this a bit lately. But I think it might be when I've started the computer offline and turned my powerline adapters on and it's taken a little bit to connect 

4 hours ago, peteyt said:

turned my powerline adapters on and it's taken a little bit to connect 

Just how do you do that? I use Extello LANSocket adapters and they are constantly on. They don't even have a power switch.

• Most Valued Members
39 minutes ago, itman said:

Just how do you do that? I use Extello LANSocket adapters and they are constantly on. They don't even have a power switch.

They are plugged into a wall socket so I just turn the switch off when not in use. This is standard UK wise but not sure what other countries setups tend to be

hi

my first post updated and more photos and descriptions added.

i tuened off the windows defender and firewall but not solved problem. Actually I think it has no effect! because antivirus firewall replaced on windows firewall and windows firewall is off.

also i open the port 8883 in eset setting but not solved also all the time this is happening my internet is on

• Administrators

ESET does not block the communication. You can verify this by temporarily pausing the firewall; it should not make any difference. You seem to be from Iran so maybe your local ISP applies some regulations or restrictions.

I get this same message when the computer comes out of sleep and there is a delay when connecting to the internet.

• Administrators

The notification is not shown immediately but with a delay (allegedly 30 min.). Please carry on as follows:

- enable advanced push messaging logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics
- put the machine to sleep
- wait for the notification
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that this does not happen on a regular basis, so doing a diagnostics might not "catch" the problem.

5 hours ago, VanBuran said:

I get this same message when the computer comes out of sleep and there is a delay when connecting to the internet.

This would be indicative of an issue with your network adapter settings. When the desktop screen appears, the Network Internet Access icon should appear on the desktop toolbar indicating full Internet access capability:

Eset_Network.thumb.png.3c0a5fb795deaf459880237c591255e3.png

Edited by itman

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

The notification is not shown immediately but with a delay (allegedly 30 min.). Please carry on as follows:

- enable advanced push messaging logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics
- disable logging

What is the actual delay? 30Mins. seems a lot.

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

- disable logging

I agree with VanBuran

this is my log file

eis_logs.zip

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Rose said:

this is my log file

In your case logging was enabled from 21:04 to 22:25 your local time. Connection attempts were failing all the time. Moreover, the machine was not connected to the Internet because LiveGrid connections were failing too.

Was the computer offline all the time?

For maximum protection I'd recommend enabling the LiveGrid Feedback system. Keeping it disabled disables also some detection and cleaning features and weakens Ransomware protection too.

I usally when i leave my room disable internet connection and after i comeback connect to the internet

But It doesn't just happen when I disconnect from the internet.

Actually also It also happens when my computer connected to the internet after 30 min or 1 hour
i donot think this is a problem with ISP ! because i tested and have problem almost with all of internet company in my country.
also when i restart the computer,i don't see this message for almost 20 min and after that i see that again. 

I request more inspection the issue...

I can provide you with more reports/Log if needed

Edited by Rose

• Rose changed the title to Eset 14.1.19.0 Push Notification Service servers

i try this and its work

1. start

2. search "allow an app through the firewall"

3. click change setting

4. click allow another app >> add egui.exe

egui.exe >> C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus

5. click ok

https://imgur.com/a/ciuU327

My OS : Windows 10 Home  build 19042.928

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Waffiq said:

i try this and its work

1. start
2. search "allow an app through the firewall"
3. click change setting
4. click allow another app >> add egui.exe
egui.exe >> C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus
5. click ok

This should not be necessary since the Windows firewall allows all outbound communication by default.

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

This should not be necessary since the Windows firewall allows all outbound communication by default.

It would be required if the user activated Win firewall outbound rule processing.

When an app is added to Win Firewall as shown in the posted screen shot, I believe both inbound and outbound allow firewall rules are created for the app.

On the other hand if equi.exe outbound processing was being blocked via Win firewall outbound processing, Eset would not be able to download anything including sig, updates. One explanation is user previously created an equi.exe outbound firewall rule only allowing ports 80,443 and forgot they had done so. Many using the Win firewall, deploy a third party front-end tool to the Win firewall; e.g. Windows Firewall Control, which does create port specific outbound rules.

Edited by itman

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having this problem after updating to 14.1.20.0. It did not happen with the previous versions.

My PC is connected to my router via powerline adapters. When my PC wakes from sleep it takes a few seconds for the adapters to establish an internet connection (power saving feature?). I get the "The ESET Push Notification Service servers cannot be reached" toast notification right before the connection is active. The tray icon goes from yellow to green not long after that because it can finally connect.

This is mildly annoying. Obviously something has changed in the latest version.

• Administrators

I've disconnected the system from network and the notification hadn't shown up for a long time; the problem was only logged.

I'd recommend the following:
- set the diagnostic logging verbosity in the advanced setup
- enter the sleep mode and write down the time
- return from sleep mode asap
- wait until the notification pops up & write down the time
- set informative logging verbosity
- provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector as well as the 2 times you previously wrote down.

• Most Valued Members
14 hours ago, PlsHlp said:

I'm also having this problem after updating to 14.1.20.0. It did not happen with the previous versions.

My PC is connected to my router via powerline adapters. When my PC wakes from sleep it takes a few seconds for the adapters to establish an internet connection (power saving feature?). I get the "The ESET Push Notification Service servers cannot be reached" toast notification right before the connection is active. The tray icon goes from yellow to green not long after that because it can finally connect.

This is mildly annoying. Obviously something has changed in the latest version.

I've not had this lately but haven't been on my PC as much at the moment. I did have it a few times in the past and it is the same setup you describe with powerline adapters 

17 hours ago, PlsHlp said:

My PC is connected to my router via powerline adapters. When my PC wakes from sleep it takes a few seconds for the adapters to establish an internet connection (power saving feature?). I get the "The ESET Push Notification Service servers cannot be reached" toast notification right before the connection is active.

I also use Powerline Ethernet adapters and have no issue with this this new Eset push notifications feature. However, I use the local admin sign-on option which results with my Win 10 lock screen appearing to enter user id and password. When the lock screen appears, the desktop toolbar network icon usually shows network connectivity has not yet been established. However, by the time either the logon screen appears or after entry of logon credentials, the network icon shows connectivity has been established. Again, no alerts from Eset about push notification connectivity issue.

I'm getting this same error.  I know how to open the firewall, but what I can't find in this thread is:  why do I want to?  Googleing the Push Notification Servers brings up stuff about remote management that is all well and good for an enterprise, but I'm a home user.  I don't WANT servers controlling my AV.  Isn't the client's pull check for updates the appropriate tool for me?

If not, please explain why not.  If so, please explain how to stop this message without opening more ports on my (admittedly aggressive, by design) firewall.

• Administrators

Please read the posts above to learn why we have started using EPNS in consumer products as of v14.1.20. WIth EPNS blocked, communication from ESET's licensing or Anti-Theft servers may be delayed by hours.

However, you will be able to disable the appropriate application status about inaccessible EPNS servers soon.