webcam protection is non functional

Guest ibra

hi.    I updated my Internet Security to version 14.1.19.0 yesterday.   Asked to restart I did and now I get a red security warning telling me that the protection to webcam is not functional.   Tried all the various tips but it wont work .  anyone can help pls. ?   I don't do my updates automatically , I do them manually on a daily basis.  I've been a customer for several years now and find this trouble quite anoying .  thanks

• Administrators

This is a known issue on Windows 7 and Windows 8 OS after upgrade to v14.1. The issue occurs while fixing setup classes, the reason is not yet known; the issue doesn't occur on Windows 10.

Please try uninstalling ESET and installing v14.1 from scratch.

Guest Stallion

My OS is windows 8.1 and I have the same problem after updating to version 14.1.19.0.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling eset and it did not solve the problem.

What should I do next?

• Administrators

Please sign up for the forum and then create a new topic in the appropriate product forum.

Also provide:
- logs collected with ESET Log Collector
- a Procmon log from installation or a Procmon boot log from a system boot if ESET is already installed.

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

- save the following to a plain text file fix.reg:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{CA3E7AB9-B4C3-4AE6-8251-579EF933890F}]
"UpperFilters"=hex(7):65,00,64,00,65,00,76,00,6d,00,6f,00,6e,00,00,00,00,00

- open the reg file and import it to the registry
- reboot the machine

• 1 month later...
Guest The Fox

I have the same problem with Windows 10. Apparently updated yesterday and now I have both "webcam protection" and "device control" listed as non-functional. Tried to paste the screen, but this doesn't seem to allow that. 

• Administrators

Please open a support ticket with your local ESET distributor since advanced logs will be necessary for troubleshooting. Moreover, reporting issues is only possible after signing up for this forum. Guests are entitled to post only quick questions without registration.