ESET EDTD - Is it enabled?

Ufoto
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

We recently added ESET EDTD and I am not sure how to verify whether it is working, or not from the ESET Protect console. 

The EDTD license is visible in the list of activated products for the systems, and the policy is set to have ESET Live Grid Feedback system and EDTD to be enabled. However, when I go to the endpoints details, the attached screen is not changing. 

Should this screen change to something else? How can I verify that EDTD is actually working on endpoints?

Thank you in advance!

Captureedtd.PNG

• Administrators
  • Solution

The "Enable" button currently doesn't change state. Since it's confusing now for users, we plan to change it in future versions.

To find out if files are submitted to EDTD for analysis, open the "Submitted files" window and check the information in the "Sent to" column. Undetected files that might potentially carry malware are submitted to EDTD while already detected files are sent to LiveGrid:

image.png

image.png

You can also find this information on clients:

image.png

Thank you for the prompt reply I will monitor the submitted files for few days. Indeed removing the 'Enable' button, or replacing it with 'Enabled' state would be great.