ESET PROTECT after update from EMSC 7.x - Connection has failed with state 'Not connected'

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Hello everyone, 

after many days, i decided to update EMSC to ESET Protect and for now it was bad decision. After update via Console task, domain or local user is getting "Connection has failed with state 'Not connected'"

When I am trying to log into console, Tomcat is reporting:

Apr 29 09:05:25 ERA server[1999]: Apr 29, 2021 9:05:25 AM sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.logger.EventLogItem logInto
Apr 29 09:05:25 ERA server[1999]: SEVERE: [] Connection closing because of ERA server communication processing error: Connection refused

Mysql and eraserver have a state running.

Any idea, why tomcat has a problem with communication to era server?

i forget to write: 

[root@ERA ~]# odbcinst -q -d
[PostgreSQL]
[MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode Driver]
[MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI Driver]

It is a Centos virtual appliance

Edited by Madikos

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Could you please check ESMC/EP trace log for possible hints? Can you verify that service "eraserver" or process ERAServer are actually running? After update, there might be some time during which console is not able to connects - during this phase, database migration is performed, but it should not take very long in case you do not have huge database size/content.
Also you have updated ESMC to EP in existing appliance, or upgrade using "appliance migration" was used? If first is the case, how old was original appliance? If it was much older, there might be possibly issues with dependencies.

On 4/29/2021 at 6:42 PM, MartinK said:

Could you please check ESMC/EP trace log for possible hints? Can you verify that service "eraserver" or process ERAServer are actually running? After update, there might be some time during which console is not able to connects - during this phase, database migration is performed, but it should not take very long in case you do not have huge database size/content.
Also you have updated ESMC to EP in existing appliance, or upgrade using "appliance migration" was used? If first is the case, how old was original appliance? If it was much older, there might be possibly issues with dependencies.

Thank You for your answer. Few hours after update, ESET Protect started work propetly. In my opinion, would be nice, to get some other prompt, then "Not connected" during upgrade progress.

Anyway, thanks for your advice

• ESET Staff
4 hours ago, Madikos said:

Thank You for your answer. Few hours after update, ESET Protect started work propetly. In my opinion, would be nice, to get some other prompt, then "Not connected" during upgrade progress.

Anyway, thanks for your advice

Just out of curiosity, could you please provide size of EP database? In case it took long time, it might be too large (maybe more than 10GB?), which might indicate problems with cleanup - especially in case there are no thousands of managed devices ...