Network Wizard Now Auto Creating Firewall Rules?

Win 10 x(64) 20H2, EIS 14.0.22

In the process of installing a new Realtek network adapter driver, I get a popup on the bottom right side of the desktop stating that the Network Wizard created the following Eset firewall rule:

Time;Event;Action;Source;Target;Protocol;Rule/worm name;Application;SHA1;User
4/28/2021 9:52:47 AM;Communication allowed by rule;Allowed;192.168.1.XX:137;192.168.1.255:137;UDP;Rule created by wizard for: 192.168.1.XX;System;0000000000000000000000000000000000000000;

This is a first and something new Eset has recently implemented I hope? No problem with the rule creation since I have file sharing disabled and my flaky router appears to use NetBIOS ports. Also hope this is a resolution to a long standing issue I have had with the Eset firewall and DHCPv6 initialization by the router.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

A rule is created for the communication if you click "Unblock" in the firewall troubleshooting wizard.

That's not what occured, Re-read my posting.

In the process of running the Realtek driver installation package is when the Eset desktop popup occurred. I never accessed the Network Wizard in Eset Network settings to unblock the communication. Again, the Network Wizard auto created the firewall rule w/o any manual intervention on my part.

• Administrators

You have a firewall rule named "Rule created by wizard for: 192.168.1.XX" which was created by clicking "Unblock" in the firewall troubleshooting wizard at any time before. Developers have confirmed that such rules are not created automatically by the wizard.

The rule has most likely the logging severity changed from Diagnostic to Warning which is why it was logged.

image.png

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

You have a firewall rule named "Rule created by wizard for: 192.168.1.XX" which was created by clicking "Unblock" in the firewall troubleshooting wizard at any time before. Developers have confirmed that such rules are not created automatically by the wizard.

Hum ......... I could have sworn I deleted the rule since it has shown up previously. However since logging severity was set to warning and alert also enabled, I will accept this response. Apologize for the inconvenience.