Virus signature database not updating with latest version

K11

I have MSIL/AGENT AY worm in my computer . Worm is creating file in all the folder . I am using ESET nod 32 . I cannot update the virus signature database with latest update version . It is showing 17853 (20180809). When I delete all the file in mirror folder again some additional file created . Please suggest me how I can remove the worm from the computer .

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, K11 said:

I have MSIL/AGENT AY worm in my computer . Worm is creating file in all the folder . I am using ESET nod 32 . I cannot update the virus signature database with latest update version . It is showing 17853 (20180809). When I delete all the file in mirror folder again some additional file created . Please suggest me how I can remove the worm from the computer .

What happens when you try to update your ESET?

Is it set to take updates from different mirror/server? if it's set as this , try to remove that and let it update normally from ESET Servers

After the update try to run a deep full scan to your computer

Worms will try to spread through the network , having a firewall would help you also and it could be coming from another devices in your network.

• Administrators

I'd recommend installing all available critical security updates for your OS, changing administrator passwords and running a full disk scan, ideally from ESET SysRescue.

Just now, Nightowl said:

What happens when you try to update your ESET?

Is it set to take updates from different mirror/server? if it's set as this , try to remove that and let it update normally from ESET Servers

After the update try to run a deep full scan to your computer

Worms will try to spread through the network , having a firewall would help you also and it could be coming from another devices in your network.

If I update the Signature database version is not changing ,, it is showing the same ,, the mirror file I am downloading from server computer and installed in the client computer,, the worm is in client computer . 

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, K11 said:

If I update the Signature database version is not changing ,, it is showing the same ,, the mirror file I am downloading from server computer and installed in the client computer,, the worm is in client computer . 

It's better to isolate the computers that have the Worm so it can stop spreading , after that you need an up-to-date antivirus that will run a deep scan for these computers so it can take the worm out

Maybe in your case where you cannot update for some reason and cannot select directly from ESET Update servers , try to see what you can do with ESET Online Scanner : https://www.eset.com/us/home/online-scanner/?intcmp=intrw

I have download the ESET Sysrescue .img file and transfer to the usb . When I restart the computer and connect usb , nothing will show in the window “” means computer restart in normal way “” I am using window 7 prof

I have just copy and paste ESET sysrescue img file in the usb ,, is there any other way to make a sysrescue bootable usb 

1 hour ago, K11 said:

I have just copy and paste ESET sysrescue img file in the usb ,, is there any other way to make a sysrescue bootable usb 

Here's a guide on using Rufus which most people use to create bootable USB drives: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-USB-Bootable . You can download Rufus here: https://rufus.ie/en_US/