ESET LiveRescue and a potential flaw with its scanning.

So i ran ESET live rescue and was doing a full in depth scan of everything. I noticed that all the files being scanned had weird names. I looked in the file system and saw that all the files had weird names. It took me a second to realized that they were all hashed. so my question is how can ESET LiveRescue possibly detect if a file is malicious when it is hashed?

So i did the standard plug in the USB and boot up Live rescue. during the scan, I noticed that all the files it was scanning had really weird names. so i started browsing through the file system of the hdd. It took me a good few seconds to realized that all the files were hashed. My question is how the heck can it detect if files are malicious or not if all of them are hashed?

• Administrators

Unfortunately it's not clear what you mean by hashed files. The file names are same as if you booted Windows, just the path is slightly different.

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately it's not clear what you mean by hashed files. The file names are same as if you booted Windows, just the path is slightly different.

I do not think $ROJ4EGY.exe is a normal name. All the other files had similar names. also none of them could be opened. when I booted windows again and looked through the same folder, all the files had their normal names. 

wierd_hash_filename.png