How to register Mac devices in myEset?

myESET shows a section "licenses" and "devices". As written on the website and in documentation, the device section should allow monitoring of the security status of all connected devices.

When I go to devices and add new devices, my Mac's are listed to be "ready" for the connection presented in a recommendation box. However, when I go further it is mentioned that I have to initiate the connection locally on my device. 

How can I do that in ESET Cyber Security?

PS: the function is not related to the dedicated products Anti Theft, Parental Control or Password Manager. For those, a separate dashboard box exist.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, bEeReE said:

When I go to devices and add new devices, my Mac's are listed to be "ready" for the connection presented in a recommendation box. However, when I go further it is mentioned that I have to initiate the connection locally on my device. 

Please provide a screen shot for clarification.

I don't have any devices associated presently with my Eset account. But when choosing to do so, I am present with the below screen shot. Did you attempt to select the "Suggested for connection" option which will auto select all devices to be connected?

My_Eset.png.10736a3c9b3a7611c2af3c3d2a22b5bf.png

The last screenshot states in English: Open now your ESET-Product on your device and connect the device manually.

But how can I do that in ESET Cyber Security?

• Administrators

Ok, I see. It's a new feature of v14.1 for Windows which is about to be released:

image.png

image.png

ESET CyberSecyrity for Mac doesn't support it yet. At the moment I can't tell if the there is any ETA to add support but I assume it won't be before v7.

Thanks for clarification, @Marcos 

Another feature Mac user must waiting on...I suggest to adjust

• the website (sales page for Mac products) because the advertising box for myESET shouldn't be displayed there as it is wrong in the current form
  • the advertising box for myESET on the website because it advertises that remote device control is possible for ALL devices
  • the PDF manual etc. and clearly state for which products related functions are not available

That would give more transparency :)

• 3 weeks later...

I guess the feature is coming in a future Cybersecurity update (Windows version is out with that feature), the website I guess is updated macOS side before it is public for macOS users, and the myESET site kinda breaks when you update the key and it does not allow you to reconnect (looks like you wait till that one expires to link it back).

Looks like https://help.eset.com/my_eset/en-US/add_license.html?new_device.html also was partly updated recently.

Edited by Chas4

On 5/11/2021 at 6:55 PM, Chas4 said:

I guess the feature is coming in a future Cybersecurity update (Windows version is out with that feature), the website I guess is updated macOS side before it is public for macOS users, and the myESET site kinda breaks when you update the key and it does not allow you to reconnect (looks like you wait till that one expires to link it back).

Looks like https://help.eset.com/my_eset/en-US/add_license.html?new_device.html also was partly updated recently.

Thats the problem… current descriptions are wrong and functionality not provided as described…. :)